Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
sid
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Spotted today.

Post by sid »

boody227 wrote:spotted a lovely Red Lowlight Convertible today, no photo as i was driving. Saw it driving southbound down Tinsley Viaduct in Meadowhall. Anybodies here?
Luke
hey boody..as you are out that way,are Sid Harrison's classic Scammell lorries still parked up in their yard? :)
morris van
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by morris van »

There was a blue saloon parked in the high street in Berkhamsted this afternoon.

biomed32uk
Minor Addict

Post by biomed32uk »

Wonder if it was the blue saloon I passed on the M25 this afternoon at about 3.30 by J23 the A1, looked in good shape, a toot does nothing when in the company mile munching machine.
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

The saloon I saw was a dark blue about 2/2.30 this afternoon.

biomed32uk
Minor Addict

Post by biomed32uk »

It was dark blue, 4dr, e reg, and berkhampstead is not far away from there.
stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

Beautiful peat brown traveller in Kimbolton today - never seen a traveller in that colour but really suits it.
]
herclepercle
Minor Friendly

Post by herclepercle »

Was following a few cars behind a lovely black saloon on the way to Stourbridge the other day - reg 6762HX - anyone's here?

Annoyingly there were too many cars between us to get a proper view - you seemed to be keeping pace with the modern traffic though :)
Christian:
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

Two convertibles spotted in the classic car parking area at Shelsey Walsh Hillclimb today. Very nice Almond Green one, prob converted saloon, and an OEW one with duotone interior, further down the car park along with many exotic, rare and sports cars. I got waved into the classic area with my battleship grey 130" Land Rover which was a little embarrassing as its the newest vehicle I own and very not washed and not shiny.... :o :-?
Was easy to spot between the line of American cars and the Jaguar Drivers Club line though :D
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

There was a white saloon going towards Bourne End near Hemel Hempstead this afternoon.

James k
Minor Addict

Post by James k »

Just saw a Traveller driving up Seckenheimerstraße in Mannheim, really stood out from the lines of Mercedes and BMWs! I waved frantically but realised that it didn't make much sense since I wasn't driving mine :lol: I was too slow to take a picture too. Does anyone here own it?
Matt Tomkins
Minor Addict
Location: Aston Clinton, Aylesbury, Bucks or Oxford during term time

Post by Matt Tomkins »

almond green traveller going into aylesbury this morning. I waved manicly from my 2-door but got no response ;-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46862234@N ... 671969048/
http://www.facebook.com/matttomkins

Misty, Morris Minor 2-door, 1970,
fully restored with the help of various of the young members to whom i am forever grateful. http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43571
Also Mavis, 1960 Factory Tourer, and a '69 Traveller project: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=53487

Join the young owners at: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/gr ... [sig]11392[/sig]
Tapitha
Minor Fan

Post by Tapitha »

A white traveller was parked in a layby on the A303 at about 9 pm last night (Thursday) headed towards Devon and Cornwall. Going on holiday? I was in my Ford Focus going fast the other way so didn't see details.
Mike
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

sid wrote:
boody227 wrote:spotted a lovely Red Lowlight Convertible today, no photo as i was driving. Saw it driving southbound down Tinsley Viaduct in Meadowhall. Anybodies here?
Luke
hey boody..as you are out that way,are Sid Harrison's classic Scammell lorries still parked up in their yard? :)
Probably Roger Davies from Sheffield - off to another rally I would guess :-)

Tapitha
Minor Fan

Post by Tapitha »

Returning from a large classic car show this afternoon I spotted a peat brown Minor heading the other way near Witnesham in Suffolk. We exchanged waves. Several Minors at the show including a very nice green 803cc upgraded with disk brakes. Had a long chat with the owner.
Mike
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

i spotted a black Minor on a driveway in Cannock..and looked like 3 others under covers.
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

There was a black two door split screen saloon parked in Berkhamsted this evening.

greendefender123
Minor Addict

Post by greendefender123 »

Spotted this one today near Horton Cross. She had owners club stickers on it. Also passed a convertible going the other way.[frame]Image[/frame]
stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

Nice to see what looked like a faded black split screen driving south of Newbury on the A34 tonight
]
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

i spotted a peat brown Moggy near my workplace Fosse Park area yesterday,in 'used' codition..with a young geezer driving.
Neilhorse

Post by Neilhorse »

Spotted at the Dorset steam fair[frame]Image[/frame]