Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
plg422d
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Club Insurance Scheme

Post by plg422d »

A number of local branch members are seeing Insurance premiums through The Club scheme ( Footman James) increase by 25%+ year on year.

Is this a result of moving from Equity Red Star to Royal and Sun Alliance?

Memebers quoted considerably less (30%+) for like for like insurance with PD James.

What are others experience?
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: Club Insurance Scheme

Post by bmcecosse »

Go direct to RH Insurance for generally very competitive prices. http://www.rhclassicinsurance.co.uk/cla ... rance.html
ImageImage
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

I found (for my circumstances) peter james the best they beat FJ BY £20 less than FJ'S renewal cost
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
jedgarrett
Minor Friendly

Post by jedgarrett »

My son has just been quoted £300 more than last years insurance through FJ,I thought insurance was supposed to go down each year? Somebody in the young members is looking into it for him but it's still a shock.
Dave@FJ

Post by Dave@FJ »

jedgarrett wrote:My son has just been quoted £300 more than last years insurance through FJ,I thought insurance was supposed to go down each year? Somebody in the young members is looking into it for him but it's still a shock.
^ We're all human and sometimes errors get made when calculating premiums. It was me that your son contacted with his query and i've been back in touch with him with an answer which will hopefully please you both :)

As an aside, insurance doesn't necessarily go down each year, even for young drivers. Drivers aged 17- 25 are grouped into 3 age 'bands' and reductions will normally only be seen when they cross from one band to another.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

or not :-?
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
jedgarrett
Minor Friendly

Post by jedgarrett »

Dave@FJ wrote:
jedgarrett wrote:My son has just been quoted £300 more than last years insurance through FJ,I thought insurance was supposed to go down each year? Somebody in the young members is looking into it for him but it's still a shock.
^ We're all human and sometimes errors get made when calculating premiums. It was me that your son contacted with his query and i've been back in touch with him with an answer which will hopefully please you both :)

As an aside, insurance doesn't necessarily go down each year, even for young drivers. Drivers aged 17- 25 are grouped into 3 age 'bands' and reductions will normally only be seen when they cross from one band to another.
Very pleased and very greatfull for your help,I realise I may have come across as perhaps a bit antisocial which wasn't my intention,many thanks for you help and response :P
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

I know that there have been a lot of unhappy people receiving significantly higher quotes this year (me included) BUT...

I reckon that the fact that Dave takes the trouble to review and respond to posts on here speaks volumes for FJ's desire to work with the MMOC to solve problems. No one company is going to be the best for everyone, and competition is healthy, but we are very lucky to have such a good working working relationship with FJ, and to continue to enjoy their support at, for example, the National Rally. No, this isn't an "everything is wonderful" post; but it is a ringing endorsement of Dave's attitude, assistance, and support.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

a good working relationship which leads to ...................................increased premiums :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
Cheers Alex

[/color]
Dave@FJ

Post by Dave@FJ »

lambrettalad wrote:a good working relationship which leads to ...................................increased premiums :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
To keep it in context Alex, you've moved away from the club's scheme to a less inclusive policy for a saving of £20 which is your right. If the very best introductory premium you could find by shopping around is only £20 cheaper than your renewal then we're not doing too bady in my opinion.

I hope you'll give us he opportunity to quote you again next year when your renewal from PJ comes through :)
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

less inclusive ? please explain

also I didn't go for the cheapest alternative,I could have saved more but chose to go on attitude and service

I'm amazed you know so much about my quotes and policy contents
Cheers Alex

[/color]
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

I understand that all new policies with fj require the vehicle to be garaged, a problem if no garage is available or another project is in the garage. I unfortunately had to go elsewhere because of that stipulation, even though I park off road.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

also as i've posted elsewhere

hi went to the Walsall car show yesterday and the hot topic was increased car insurance ,and i have to say lots and lots of criticism of fj renewal prices and much praise for others .

So no smoke without fire ????????????

So there must be a change in the air from FJ ?????????

I was happy with FJ's cover etc ,this year I have unlimited mileage and £20 in my pocket,I am aware that next year it may be best to move again,but in this day and age of computer input data etc I will judge peter james on price and how I've been treated,this year,also a couple of other firms came close ,it seem they wanted me more !!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Alex

[/color]
C6Dave
Minor Fan

Post by C6Dave »

Dave@FJ wrote:
I hope you'll give us he opportunity to quote you again next year when your renewal from PJ comes through :)
Problems are deeper than that. At the National I asked for a quote and was given one that was £150 more than my current (at the time) renewal with Lancaster

I was told that there were other options FJ could quote and they would be in touch but I'm still waiting.

That type of customer service means that I have real doubts about what would happen if I ever had to make a claim

BTW to balance this, after being on hold for 15 minutes plus with RH they didn't get the business either for similar customer service concerns.

I never would buy on cost alone.
Dave@FJ

Post by Dave@FJ »

lambrettalad wrote:less inclusive ? please explain

also I didn't go for the cheapest alternative,I could have saved more but chose to go on attitude and service

I'm amazed you know so much about my quotes and policy contents
I'm quite familiar with the policy contents and value added extras offered by ALL our competitors, it's my job! You have shared the rest of the information across two different 'FJ bashing' threads so conclusions are based on information which you have already placed in the public domain.
Dave@FJ

Post by Dave@FJ »

les wrote:I understand that all new policies with fj require the vehicle to be garaged, a problem if no garage is available or another project is in the garage. I unfortunately had to go elsewhere because of that stipulation, even though I park off road.
Hi Les.

Yes, in certain (but not all) postcode areas our insurers do insist on the car(s) being garaged. Based on previous claims data it's all about managing risk :(
Dave@FJ

Post by Dave@FJ »

C6Dave wrote:
Dave@FJ wrote:
Problems are deeper than that. At the National I asked for a quote and was given one that was £150 more than my current (at the time) renewal with Lancaster

I was told that there were other options FJ could quote and they would be in touch but I'm still waiting.

That type of customer service means that I have real doubts about what would happen if I ever had to make a claim

BTW to balance this, after being on hold for 15 minutes plus with RH they didn't get the business either for similar customer service concerns.

I never would buy on cost alone.
Hi Dave

Apologies for the fact that nobody got back in touch with you after the show. As we didn't have computer access at the show the rates that we had available on the day could possibly have been improved upon once they'd be looked at. I agree that we've not performed as well as i'd like to expect and, if you're happy for me to follow this up, will look at why this didn't happen. If you can PM me your postcode and surname i'll investigate it.

Claims is a completely different department. Most brokers don't operate a claims department at all and everything is left to the underwriters to sort out. We have our own 'in-house' claims team and I can vouch that the one MMOC claim that came through me was for a total loss fire claim and that resulted in the cheque being delivered within 7 days - this is substantially better service than another MMOC member received who was insured elsewhere spoke to me about only last week.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

Dave@fj

I am not FJ bashing I am stating fact,based on cost to benefit ratio and attitude,as experienced by me,I have no corner to fight or axe to grind
I wish FJ all the best 'cause I want them around to compete next year,but I experienced what I consider to be poor cost and attitude.

Remember lots of moggie owners are on a fixed pension so £20 could be important
Cheers Alex

[/color]
plg422d
Minor Fan

Post by plg422d »

Dave

Can you say if the change of insurer from Red Star to RSA is the driver for these Premium increases and why you have changed the underwriter?
jedgarrett
Minor Friendly

Post by jedgarrett »

Just like to reiterate that FJ acted very quickly and without any hastle from me or my son and came up trumps,we can't complain :P