Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
moggiethouable
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

AA pre delivery inspection

Post by moggiethouable »

I read with interest a locked post regarding an unhappy purchaser of a Morris minor, as I cant post there due to the lock I will advise here.
Prior to purchase get the AA to look at it, its not expensive, in fact its priceless.
Where angels fear to tread
Budgie
Minor Addict

Re: AA pre delivery inspection

Post by Budgie »

Shame about the locked subject as I'm sure a vast majority would love to know which dealer to avoid, or perhaps its just best to err on the side of caution and avoid them all ? As previously mentioned on other chats, i.ve been to see quite a few so called "restored " cars from various restorers, dealers in the past and I have walked away only minutes after looking over them!
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

The dealer concerned and the OP reached an amicable settlement so perhaps you'd want to see the recommendation for a dealer that rose to the challenge? However, we'll leave it locked and remember that there are two sides to every story, so keep an open mind.

AA and similar reports can be a good investment, but so is building friendships in local branches and taking a knowledgeable friend with you to look at a car.
The vast minority
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by The vast minority »

I wouldn't have the AA look at a classic car, where would they plug the computer in to tell you whats wrong with it?
Far better to take someone that understands Minors and is prepared to get on the floor and look at it properly.