Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Canada64
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by Canada64 »

Last month I became the minder of a mostly renewed 2 door Morris Minor 1000 from 1964. I have kept everything as original but for daily use I have installed Subaru front seats with seat belts. My first car in 1966 in Montreal was a 2 door from 61. It gave me reasonable service commuting to college but when the snow came my parents gave in to fear and bought me a better winter car, a Chevolet Corvair. Now I drive the same model again happily. I am leaving a Spitfire after 28 years to this new challenge. I will probably have some well worn questions as I try to fix up "Nelson" and appreciate all the help I can get.
Bob
BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: New Member

Post by BrianHawley »

Welcome and good luck with the project.

Any chance of some photos?
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Welcome also and good luck with sorting the car to your satisfaction. A good Minor is, indeed, a pleasure to drive. I hope you kept the front seats in case of any possible desire to return to originality in the future.
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Hello Bob. Welcome from me too.
1956 4-door called Max
Canada64
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by Canada64 »

Thank you for the welcome and yes I have kept every bolt etc. Having driven around southern and western England I see the practicality of the MM, a little less so in Ontario Canada but with a few changes I am hoping to continue the sense of adventure. We are still buried in a foot or two of snow and temperatures reaching -14C at night so indoor motoring for now. My MM has space in the dash area for a water temperature gauge and one for oil pressure and they will come but not probably this season. The vinyl covering which has been sunburned for many years needs replacing in the back seat rest - for now a little "duck Tape will have to do.