Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Boomlander
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Flashicators

Post by Boomlander »

Fitted the new flashing LED trafficator bulb units to Jethro's semaphores today.
Five minutes to fit - five times brighter than the filament bulbs and ten times more noticeable than the static lights.
Worth every penny!
From http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com £27.95 Inc Vat and Postage. :D

Nickol
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Flashicators

Post by Nickol »

If I understand correctly, it is for the replacement bulbs in the Semaphore arms that are brighter and Flash??

My Morris does not have Semaphores but the Austin does so this Looks very interesting....if only I could understand the Website :(
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

You are correct - the old bulbs in the semaphore arms are replaced with LED bulbs with built in flashing circuits. :D

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

As Boomlander says these are a straight swap for the original bulbs, so a very easy job and well worth it. You will still want a 'Trafficators in use' sign in your rear window though, as most modern drivers drive right up your A*se. :x
Link attached.
Best wishes,
Mike.

http://www.morrisminorspares.net/shop_item.php?ID=2439
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Nickol
Minor Addict

Post by Nickol »

By the time the car drivers behind me had worked out what " Traficators in use" means. it would be too late :(

Achtung !Semaphorerichtungsanweisung im Betrieb may also need some working out for many
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

I agree, people drive very poorly these days.
Jethro also has bumper mounted indicators front and rear. :D

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Any idea what size these are for the Morris trafficators? I am assuming 36 mm with 6 mm pointed end caps but do not want to order unless sure.

JM
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

Hi, the new units are 36mm with 7mm caps. Part No. EA2B. :D

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

ta muchly, I also found a Morris badged trafficator sticker, but it does assume that the driving population can a) see and b) read!

JM
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

I think even the poorest drivers will be able to see a flashing orange trafficator - by the time they have worked out the rear window sticker they will already have gone into the back of you! :roll:

Nickol
Minor Addict

Post by Nickol »

Boomlander wrote:I think even the poorest drivers will be able to see a flashing orange trafficator - by the time they have worked out the rear window sticker they will already have gone into the back of you! :roll:
Very true. i heard on the News this morning that a Swiss court has convicted a German Driver in his Absence to 30 months imprisionment for driving at 200km/hr in the Gottard Tunnel ( Limit is 80 ) and overtaking 8 times ..wait for it....without indicating !!! For those of you who know the 17km Long Galeria Gottardo, you will know what a reckless Thing to do it was.

This is of course an extreme, most of us being human simply make mistakes from time to time but it does seem to me to be commonplace that Drivers use indicators to confirm what they have already dome rather than what they intend to do. In the case to the gottard tunnel raser, his Intention was probably obvious! :roll:
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

I think he was lucky to get away with 30 months... Probably out within a year? He could have caused a catastrophic crash.
But his future insurance may be a bit expensive.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

convicted a German Driver in his Absence to 30 months
That's if he returns then to do the time. The fact that he didn't even turn up in court implies what he thinks of the whole procedure......
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Ive fitted the flashicators to my Austin 10, they are a super item and certainly make it much more noticeable!

Heres a link to youtube to show you one in action (not mine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJLwsODIRho

Too many Minors so little time.....
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

I saw this and it made my mind up for me. No external indication of a minor (sorry) modification but a real difference made when driving. It was for this reason that I put the new style indicator assemblies back and front about 25 years ago when I used the car regularly - that and that fact that the wings were falling to pieces. Now I have reverted to originality so only use the trafficators. They have been around some time and I am surprised they are not better known !

jm
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Brilliant service from http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com . I got them in the post this morning !
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of buying a set of these in the near future.

There is a problem with their on-line shop but only for the part number EA2B, something to do with the Paypal settings. :(
I've just had to order over the phone instead.
Basil the 1955 series II