Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
alanworland
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Replacement headlights

Post by alanworland »

I replaced my sealed beam headlights a few years ago, my new ones take a standard H4 bulb and have a sidelight bulb included.
I want to replace them with an alternative that doesn't stick out of the chrome trim so far! They are quite flat fronted as well.
They have obviously always done it but it's bugging me now. I would like similar IE. H4 bulb with a sidelight.
Any recommendations?
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Replacement headlights

Post by simmitc »

It depends on what you mean by sticking out. The sealed beam had a convex lens that complimented the lines of the car. Some halogen lenses have a flatter front but slightly deeper side, so they will be proud of the rim at the edge, but not stick out in the middle. Generally people like the Wipac Quadoptic units that more closely match the sealed beam in appearance, where the convex lens does protrude in the same way in the centre. Each to their own, but I always go for and recommend the Wipac units.
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philthehill »

I used classic Mini halogen sealed beam headlight units that had the sidelight clipped onto the rear of the sealed beam and the side light shone through a small clear piece of glass.
They were excellent and looked the part.

alanworland
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by alanworland »

Thanks, Sounds like mine! Fairly flat front but stick out from the chrome trim, looking a bit bog eyed!
I shall investigate the Wipacs.

Alan