Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sandun
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Su fuel pump problem

Post by Sandun »

Hi friends

Usually i am not run my car daily , After one or two days when i going to start my car the fuel pump speedly tiking but not come fuel , then i usually remove pipe from the carb , put the pipe end to a bottle and'' ON'' key , then fuel come out , Next i reset pipe and go.

No any problem when it running - the pump , Su. Single point.- tight pipe joints also that come from the fuel tank .

What is the problem ?

Regards
Sandun

biomed32uk
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Su fuel pump problem

Post by biomed32uk »

Sounds like possibly one of the non return valves in the pump may be worn, or have some muck in it, allowing the fuel to drain back down to the tank. May be time for a pump overhaul.
Sandun
Minor Addict

Post by Sandun »

I remove the outlet union today , the union not standard ( bottom of the union was flat and drill a small hole for out fuel )

I see the assemble - it was like this - 1st a valve then *fat fiber gasket , then bruss parts that hold a valve from a spring , again *thin ( slim) gasket and off from the union.

I have a problem - *thin and *fat gasket in wrong places ?

What i want to do now ?

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Sandun SU / Burlen have an excellent guide on their site and the exploded diagram is very helpful in maintenance of the pumps

http://sucarb.co.uk/technical-electrica ... mps-single
biomed32uk
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by biomed32uk »

That's a useful diagram Sandun, and you should be able to see the correct assembly of the pump there, and give it a good clean.

It would also be worth popping the filter out of the bottom and seeing how much muck is in it.

The problem must be with the pump as if the fuel line was leaking and pulling air in I am sure you would know, as it would let fuel out when stopped.

The SU pump is a pretty simple thing, and when set properly very reliable.