Anyone seen AUK 925 H, Maroon Traveller "Little Auk&quo

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
speedbox24
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Anyone seen AUK 925 H, Maroon Traveller "Little Auk&quo

Post by speedbox24 »

This was my father's car that I learnt to drive in. It WAS in the Bath area a few years ago, but DVLA has it Untaxed since 2006 (probably SORNed?)
DVLA site says:

The vehicle details for AUK 925H are:

Date of Liability 01 06 2006
Date of First Registration 06 03 1970
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1000CC (surely this should be 1098?)
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour MAROON
Vehicle Type Approval null

Andy 01225 743554
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Anyone seen AUK 925 H, Maroon Traveller "Little Auk&quo

Post by geoberni »

DVLA has it Untaxed since 2006 (probably SORNed?)
No, if it was on a SORN, the DVLA website would state so. It's either parked up and rusting somewhere or very likely it's been broken up and the logbook/V5 not been sent in to DVLA.

My car, recently purchased, has had a lot of work done, some of it to a good standard, like all the replacement floor panels, some on the cheap.
Mine is a '55; but had a lot of work done around 2010.
I suspect both doors were replaced with complete donor doors including their glass, as both drops and 1 of the 1/4 lights have a Reg etched in of a '67, which is listed on the DVLA as Not Taxed since 2009.
The fact that the other 1/4 light wasn't etched makes me think the donor passenger door had a busted one.
So the '67 is showing as Untaxed, but has been missing at least it's doors since 2010. I wouldn't be surprised if my rear wings came from the same donor car. The owner of mine at the time probably got a 'good deal' if he didn't mind the bit of etching in the corner!
Basil the 1955 series II