SLF 867

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
benots
MMOC Member: No

SLF 867

Post by benots »

Despite a mountain of work done by Chris Stephens to provide DVLA with statistical proof of the identity of my Telephone engineers van, they still insist that under new regulations they must see a pre - 1983 document showing both chassis number and reg; number so before I take steps to secure an age related number I thought I would ask again if anyone out there has something tucked away that might help me.
I am looking for a log book ,MOT document, service record or anything linking SLF 867 with chassis no; OJE11 / 43170.
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: SLF 867

Post by POMMReg »

I must add that this is 100% SLF 867, stamped chassis nos. matches up to the SLF 1-999 batch.

The CAB number - SO accurate to be silly - is either that of SLF 866 OR 867, however, as above, 43170 is stamped into the bulkhead confirming it is 867.

The vehicle was recovered from Killay, near Swansea - SLF 867 operated with Telephone Manager SWANSEA - and ended up with a Minor restorer in Bromyard.

We're missing the original rf60 logbook, chassis plate & "Hills" registration plates.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated, contact either Bob or myself.

Thanks
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!