Mechanic in Enfield?

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
youngb506
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Mechanic in Enfield?

Post by youngb506 »

Does anyone have a recommendation for a mechanic / garage in Enfield, North London who understands Morris Minors and cars of a similar age. Recently found the new owner of my local garage didn't understand how to adjust the brakes on my Bedford CA. Now I have a clutch issue on my Minor. No modern car to fall back on. Bedford terrible on fuel economy so need to get the Minor fixed!
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Re: Mechanic in Enfield?

Post by dalebrignall »

minia mania at mill hill will sort you out alex is brilliant
[sig]5641[/sig]
ampwhu
Minor Addict

Post by ampwhu »

i would only recommend one man. andy. he works at Sutton rd garage in muswell hill.

google it. he is a master at classics.
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Try the North London Branch who are based in the area . Find out who they , as individuals or collectively, use for repairs etc.

http://nlm-mmoc.org.uk

I have also e-mailed David Pittman, the Branch Secretary with the topic link. Hope you find somewhere .

jm
dep863

Post by dep863 »

I use B and P Motors in Ley Street, Ilford. Suggest you try them on 020 8487 3817/6680 and ask for Roger or Dave, who are both very "with it" regarding classics and particularly Minors.
By the way, if you're not a member of a branch, come and meet us at the Enfield Pageant this coming weekend or call in on our branch meeting at the Whitewebbs Museum on the second Thursday evening of the month (1930 for 2000). Talk to us because we may be able to help you sort out your clutch problem.

David Pittman
Secretary NLM MMOC
dudload
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by dudload »

great to have some garage recommendations in London - I definitely don't trust the one i used last time after their "tuning" and hazard light install.

whilst we're at it, anyone have any recommendations for body shops in the London area. My two front wings are badly rotted out and want to buy news ones and have them repainted and fitted
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Again, take advice from the local branch. Re fitting new wings, if they are very rotten, you may find that you are facing more than simple wing swap when they come off, so be prepared to budget for repairs to inner wings and A post.