Searching for TVS 296 black 1956 splitscreen

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Clare Free
MMOC Member: No

Searching for TVS 296 black 1956 splitscreen

Post by Clare Free »

Hello I wonder if you might be able to help. I am trying to trace a black split screen saloon, first registered in 1956 and now has the registration number TVS 296. I know it is registered with an SORN in at the moment and it is insured.

The MMOC have told me that they think it is in the West Midlands area and that the member who owned it lapsed their membership in 2013. The MMOC also told me the 'most likely branch' area would be Malvern Hills who I have emailed and I am waiting for a reply from them.

I would very much like to trace this car, it was my second Morris Minor and it was my 18th birthday present. I turned 18 in 1992 so it was a pretty old car when I bought it. What made it all the more special was that I had it very largely restored, apart from the interior, after finding it in a field, which is unusual for an 18-year-old girl.

I sold it a few years ago as it was stored in my mum's garage and mum needed the space and I would love to know where it is now.

If you, or any of your members know where the car is I would be really pleased to hear from them.