Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Cant enter the members area

Post by palacebear »

This ISN'T being sorted!! Apparently we're at the mercy of the IT Support company which the Club (and indirectly the members) pay for. Their extremely technical response to the issues surrounding access to the Members Area is that 'its broken'. How can computing code be 'broken'...??? The Club committee have been made aware of our opinions on the matter, which have been taken forward by a moderator (see posts from August/September 2017, higher up this thread). As usual there has been no comment from the committee; no reassurance that a remedy to the problem is being sought; nothing to suggest the committee recognises that a problem even exists. In short its 'business as usual' at MMOC HQ. Take the money. Give the members a shiny magazine but otherwise ignore them.
1956 4-door called Max
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I've never bothered with the members area but after reading this thread wondered if I had been granted special access. -------- it seems not! :D Anyone got a photo of the 4 post lift? :D

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I would hope that the Members Area may prove useful, particularly the 'Questions for the Committee' sub-forum. As I've never been able to use it, I can't comment on its value. However, as there is also a sub-forum which seems to have a proposed agenda for a meeting which took place SEVEN years ago, (why wasn't this deleted when the new website/forum was launched?) it might be reasonable to conclude that nobody on the committee bothers to visit the Members Area; therefore any questions we, the members, may pose, will go unanswered.

I could suggest one reason why there hasn't been any hurry to rectify the Members Area issues, but I wouldn't want to be accused of 'glass-half-empty' cynicism! :wink:
1956 4-door called Max
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I can't believe this forum facility is actually paid for, considering my experience of websites/forums operated by self taught amateurs .... There's not even a decent range of Smilies, such as 'shaking head in despair' ...
Best we can manage is Rolling Eyes :roll:
Smilies.JPG
Smilies.JPG (24.73 KiB) Viewed 4559 times
Basil the 1955 series II

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

...but we have plenty of opportunities to use 'rolling eyes' :roll:
1956 4-door called Max
firedrake1942
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by firedrake1942 »

Anyone got a minor which can tow a tumbril and guillotine for use at the next AGM????? Allons enfants de la patrie (club) Abreuve nos sillons de leur sang impur etc.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

palacebear wrote:...but we have plenty of opportunities to use 'rolling eyes' :roll:
I just wish we had the Clap Hands one.... :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

firedrake1942 wrote:Anyone got a minor which can tow a tumbril and guillotine for use at the next AGM?????.
Didn't The Goons once have use of a steam-powered portable guillotine, capable of being transported anywhere in the world and comissioned within thirty seconds?
1956 4-door called Max
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

palacebear wrote:
Didn't The Goons once have use of a steam-powered portable guillotine, capable of being transported anywhere in the world and comissioned within thirty seconds?
If they didn't, then they should've done; although such a device could just as easily have been something from the minds of those behind 'I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again' :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

From the late arrivals at the ball La famille Drefusarde, M. and Mme Use and their son Jacques Use.......and now the Lee Speaking family with their aged military grandfather General Lee Speaking.....
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

For the huneducated (me) I need anything in Latin interpreting. Bigginger was partial to the odd flourish. :roll:

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

@ les: It's a Radio 4 thing :lol:
1956 4-door called Max
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Good choice of station radio 4 :D :D
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

One of this country's gems. Along with R3 I think it justifies the licence fee on its own. Having lived abroad in various places, the quality of BBC output is unmatched anywhere else. We (esp. the politicians) meddle with it at our peril as you never really appreciate what you have lost until it is gone !