Saving lives at sea

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Saving lives at sea

Post by simmitc »

A reality television program that is worth watching to restore one's faith in human nature. Back on our screens on BBC2 tonight - not sure why "Auntie" relegated it to BBC2 when it deserves BBC1 where I'm sure that it was last year. That aside, genuine footage from the RNLI's own cameras, no actors, just ordinary people, mostly volunteers, doing extraordinary things just to help others. A pleasant change from the self centred overpaid idiots who fill so much of the TV schedules. If you get a chance to watch of of the last series then be prepared to not have a dry eye - I'm sure that this year will be the same.
sid
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Saving lives at sea

Post by sid »

i watched it last night.that father who trod water with his 10 yo daughter in heavy seas for an hour was amazing! take my hat off to him. i'll be keeping a very close watch on my grandson paddling at Hunstanton this weekend. and the Irish RNLI man who climbed aboard a sinking yacht to rescue the 30 people,including many cadets,that was about to be smashed onto rocks...a True Hero 8)