12 months today Roy BMC Ecosse passed away .

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

12 months today Roy BMC Ecosse passed away .

Post by irmscher »

The forum has not been the same without him and his humour and expertise .
GPO_Van
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: 12 months today Roy BMC Ecosse passed away .

Post by GPO_Van »

I agree, he wound some people up with his blunt replies, but he was very helpful to me and easy to deal with when I bought some bits off him. I liked him.
alanworland
Minor Legend

Post by alanworland »

Great guy, very knowledgeable, helpful and generous - offered me parts for nothing!
Sad loss.

Alan
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Roy was so very helpful, it's very difficult to add to anything that has already been said.

I never thought I would actually miss someone that I only knew from a forum, but he's managed it! A first for me.
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

well,that year has flown by :(
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Blaketon »

It doesn't seem that long. 19th October is a date I shall never forget, as I had to sit a maths exam in school, less than an hour after being told that my grandmother had died the night before. I just had to keep it to myself (God alone knows how I passed it), as I am afraid that sympathy was something you found in the dictionary, between two unpleasant words beginning with S. The first year after that seemed to take a lot longer than this year just passed. As my grandfather said, when he reached 90, it doesn't seem long "When you look back on it" and I sure Roy would say the same.

I wonder what my Traveller was doing in October 1976? I have the bills from when it was new; perhaps I'll have a look to see if any date from that time. The original owner had it for 20 years (I'm six years off becoming it's longest owner) and I often wonder whether she is still around and whether the Traveller was her last car.