Help with conversion and steering wheel

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
WildWoods
MMOC Member: No

Help with conversion and steering wheel

Post by WildWoods »

Hi Guys

First question is I would like to put a smaller wheel on the car, what would you suggest please and where can I get it from?

Secondly, is there anyone in Cornwall who would help me out with a running restoration and 2 door conversion into a convertible please? It is my only car and I need to keep it on the road. I am hoping to find someone who will help me with an order and if possible to put it into practice. I am hoping to work on it at weekends so I can run it during the week!

Thanks for reading.

Rich
Richard Brown
Husband, Father and Son
http://wild-woods.org.uk/
I love watching snails race and paint dry
kennatt
Minor Legend

Re: Help with conversion and steering wheel

Post by kennatt »

If you want to do a conversion at the week end and have it ready for monday, GOOD LUCK,you will need five or six experts .
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

there are lots of after market small wheels available as the spline count on the steering column were the same across most of not all the BL / morris range, do not go too small especially if you are looking to go for wider wheels at a later date or the steering will become very heavy

and I think kennat is correct you will struggle to find any garage that is prepared to do the work over a few weekends.

i suppose they could do some prep over weekends, i.e. welding in the strengtheners provided the sills etc are in good condition.

but once you start the roof chop the car will take more than a weekend to put back in road worthy condition.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Don't go less than 14" wheel.
ImageImage