Fitting Ford ka front seats

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
hammersmith
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Fitting Ford ka front seats

Post by hammersmith »

Hi,

First I am not a member of the Custom and Modified register, but I hope you will still be able to assist.
I have obtained two front seats and I wish to put them in my 4 door morris saloon.
I have been sent the CMR newsletter from January 2013, and have read the item on the seats by Andy Wilson.
Being a novice (at putting in upgraded seats) and as some might say a silver surfer, it mentions in the CMR that each foot of the seat was removed. Question, do I take it that the rivets holding these feet are drilled or taken off with an angle grinder.
And then refitted in the position mentioned in the newsletter, using small bolts.
Secondly regarding the rear of the front seat, are there any pictures of the fitting, or would it be possible for me to perhaps see someone who has carried out this modification. I am based in Dartford Kent and within reason i would be prepared to travel to have a look. Many thanks in advance for any advice on this matter. :-?
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Re: Fitting Ford ka front seats

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

hopefully this post on the other side might help..

http://morrisminorowners.co.uk/viewtopi ... =47&t=9561
hammersmith
Minor Friendly

Post by hammersmith »

Hi,

Have finished putting in Ford Ka seats in the front. I followed Andy Wilsons information from the custom and modified news letter. Have to thank Martin for the seats.

I have found the seats very comfortable, and considering I have never done anything like this before, all went quite well. Removing the seat belt attachment from the seat was a bit of a problem due to not having the right fitting tool. However found a cold chisel, I made in metalwork at school ( in the 1960s) and bingo. A few taps and it unscrewed.

Many thanks to all that have contributed to articles on upgrading seats, I found them very helpful.

Mike :wink:[frame]Image[/frame]
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

they look good :wink: well done.....
welshrat
Minor Addict

Post by welshrat »

I have also fitted KA seats, unable to use existing holes as seats were well out of position. Also gave up on the rears and went for a fairly cheap set of covers that match up rather good I think.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]