Grey 2 door - XBU 911

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
LouiseM
MMOC Member: No

Grey 2 door - XBU 911

Post by LouiseM »

A sad story - a Minor has been stolen from an 85 year old man in Manchester who has owned it for 44 years. Please keep an eye out for it: http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/0 ... econd-love

Edit: A bit more info. It's yukon grey and the exterior is described as pristine. The interior is worn and it has a Harewood House sticker in the front windscreen. If spotted, call Manchester Police on 0161 856 4423.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
moggiethouable
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Grey 2 door - XBU 911

Post by moggiethouable »

Even more impetus (as if it were required) for all and sundry to fit hidden switches,Disklok steering wheel locks and anything else that prevents scumbags nicking Minors. :evil:
I also would dearly love to reunite the gent with his minor, after interviewing the pondlife that took it.
Where angels fear to tread
alexandermclaren
Minor Addict

Post by alexandermclaren »

A total sin
poor old couple
wish there was some way the club could help them

JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Heard it on Jeremy Vine today - a terrible thing to happen. Hope he gets it back in one piece.
MattJR
Minor Friendly

Post by MattJR »

Louise, thanks for posting. I just saw this on the Daily Mail website and was going to post it but you got there first. Really hope Mr Hepworth gets his Minor back.
This is Myrtle.
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Here's the article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments

Someone has posted a message on the Manchester newspaper site to say that they are a relative of the owner and the car has been stolen twice before, so hopefully he will get it back again this time.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

This is a real shame, Jack the owner off the car is most genuine lovely chap and his wife also, really lovely couple. I no them personally and the car. My late farther used to maintain the car for Jack in his later years and recently had a 1098 gearbox fitted and uprated from the smooth case one and new front shockers. The car is a very good vehicle, and solid, one thing is the bootlid is out of shade to the rest of the paintwork since them photos was taken and some rust on the off side rear wing where its bolts the the rear quarter, these are good identifying features if the car is seen even on other number plates... please if anyone sees the car ring the police and lets try and help get Jack's minor back.....
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Sorry story - but if stolen twice before you would think he would learn to take the simplest precaution..... I urge all Minor owners to take at least the basic anti-theft measure - it works...
ImageImage
liammonty
Minor Legend

Post by liammonty »

It was in a locked garage, which was alarmed, and had a steering lock on. More than the most basic precaution, surely?! My garage certainly isn't alarmed!!!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Obviously none of that worked then! If someone is DETERMINED to take a Minor- nothing will stop them........
ImageImage
Minor Fan

Post by 1098 »

This car is now a very hot potatoe,and someone will be getting their fingers burnt shortly. Hope they like poridge ! :wink: For this is a go to jail job !
Last edited by 1098 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

----well maybe a few hours community service.

Minor Fan

Post by 1098 »

Hi Les, looks like you've done a fine job on that van. See you at Cornbury park I hope ? As the elderly owners ( from New ) and five minutes from me, are so distressed, nothing other than a jail sentence will do. This was all pre meditated.
Someone will be getting a knock on their door shortly.

Ed. :wink:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I hope you're right, these types need sorting. All being well I'll be at Cornbury Park!
The van was from Essex, the one you put me on to about 12 years back!
There were times when I wish you hadn't!!!!! :D

moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

liammonty wrote:It was in a locked garage, which was alarmed, and had a steering lock on. More than the most basic precaution, surely?! My garage certainly isn't alarmed!!!
I think that is basic, add a disklok and hidden switch with battery disconnect plus etched glass all round.
Nobody listens to house alarms any more,steering locks are removed in seconds,especially with old barrels.
If its left for any length of time whip out the rotor arm, distributor cap, whatever.
We shouldnt have to do this, but there we are.
Where angels fear to tread
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I notice that the latest issue of Practical Classics carried an article about this car (page 21, 'News in brief' column), I take it there has been no updates on it whereabouts though? :(
Regards,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Minor Fan

Post by 1098 »

Mike
No sightings, it's just completeley dissapeared. There are a number of scrap yards close to where it was taken from.
It's condition was such, that none of them would touch it. My hunch is that it will be found by the road side, one frosty morning. The MMOC Commuinty, in the Manchester area, are in close contact with the police, re this car.
Who ever has it, now has a very hot potatoe in their hands. The owner is very distressed, as are owners of other
Minor's that have been stolen. Taken from the rear of the owners property, you would have to have some knoledge, on how to start this car. The garage was forced, someone knew it was there. If you were to steal a car for scrap, I guess there are easier targets. We continue to work with the police, and hope to return this car to it's owner. Continually watching Ebay ! :wink:
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Did this one ever show up?
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

If not it's probably been broken up and sold for spares by now.............. very sad................... I feel sorry for the old gentleman.
Scumbags!!! (polite version) :evil: :evil:
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

DVLA show it as 'unlicensed' at the moment..... :cry:
ImageImage