Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
PeterWebb
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Diagram of fuel pipe run

Post by PeterWebb »

Hi,
Does anyone have a diagram (ideally with dimensions) of the fuel pipe run from the tank to the pump?
I'm having to renew the fuel pipe as the one on the car has been rather "butchered".
I thought there ought to be a couple of single coils at 90 degrees to each other as the pipe exits the fuel tank but they appear to have been straightened out and the pipe now exhibits kinks and dinks all along its run and the "excess" pipe (because of the missing coils) means it doesn't readily find the clips that should hold it in position along the run. It ends with a significant kink in the bend as it enters the pump.
I'm hoping the diagram will tell me if these two coils are required and what diameter the coil should be.
Thanks, Peter
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Re: Diagram of fuel pipe run

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

It comes straight out of the tank for about 4 inches then begins a 45 degree angle up to meet the floor and the clips. It then goes at another 45 towards the tunnel clips, goes over the top of the gearbox crossmember where it should have a bit of rubber pipe covering it, then alongside the gearbox and up into the engine bay were is has a 3/4 circle and into the pump. Theres a few pics on page 17 and 18 of Neills brilliant restoration of the routing for underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=48882&hilit=travel ... &start=300

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=48882

Heres another pretty clear under body shot and a shot of the engine bay

http://www.newoldcar.co.uk/index.php/70 ... er-ref-762

Too many Minors so little time.....
PeterWebb
Minor Friendly

Post by PeterWebb »

Hi David, Many thanks all beautifully clear.
The one I'm taking out ran through the gearbox cross member.
You've reminded me it has to be able to come out!!
Dam! I'll need to remove the floor, it'll be all too tight otherwise.
Hey ho...it's the "fun" that comes with old cars isn't it ??!?!!?
mogbob
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by mogbob »

Peter
The " fun " of looking after old cars , if you remember to treat the frustrations with a sense of humour you'll be fine.
Those of us that have been doing it for a while sometimes , after a number of frustrating hours of non progress , resort to other adjectives
to describe the situation.
That's always the time to walk away and clear your head. As Henry Ford said " failure is the opportunity to start again , more intelligently "
( I hope I've remembered the quote correctly ).
Bob