Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sandun
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

How to Clean - water line

Post by Sandun »

Hi my friends

1st problem , I recoring my rediator , now i want to clean water line of engine befor re fit new rediator , So What is the easy way to do that. And what i Want to do ?

- i use water for fill rediator -

2nd problem , can i change to coolent now ? It will damage or block water line.

About system - it is mm1000 car -1957 , when i buy it it had not thermostat , and had damaged or removed some parts of rediator fill cap (open to offlow always) - so i am not going to re set them , because i think if i change them , it will make a heating problems. (No temp meter in car ) So i use it no any matters. (Only problem , core leaking water- now it fine )

I want your advice .

Regards
Sandun.

palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: How to Clean - water line

Post by palacebear »

I'll let someone else comment on the best way to flush the entire cooling system. The radiator cap must be undamaged. The pressure it creates prevents coolant loss by raising its boiling point to above 100 deg.c. Generally, the Minor engine runs fairly cool, and the correct thermostat should be fitted. There's a good reason why both thermostat and cap are there. I wouldn't advise running without them both in good condition.
1956 4-door called Max
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

One of the side effects of not fitting the thermostat is that cold water/coolant is not directed to the rear of the head which could result in engine overheating and head damage.
It is better if the thermostat is fitted even if it is a low temperature opening item.
The radiator cap should be in serviceable condition when fitted.
Unless you have a coolant overflow tank that allows/sucks coolant back into the radiator when the coolant in the block and radiator cools down you will be loosing water all of the time and the radiator will need constant topping up.

Sandun
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by Sandun »

What is the thormosted value that i want to buy ? (Low temp open one )
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Sandun
Here are the details of the thermostat you require:-
http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/thermostat ... soc=136592

If you do not want to fit a thermostat you can always fit one of these as an alternative which does the same job of ensuring that cold water reaches the rear of the cylinder head.

http://www.minispares.com/product/Class ... thermostat sleeve.aspx|Back to search