Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
acmsb
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Sandblasting and repainting wheels

Post by acmsb »

Hi everyone

I am a Traveller owner (1969) and I am looking to get the wheels sandblasted and repainted. Does anyone have any recommendations in the London/Surrey area?

Thank you!
mogbob
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Sandblasting and repainting wheels

Post by mogbob »

Could you clarify "re-painting " for the Forum guys and gals please.
Is it a " painted finish " that you are after or did you want the wheels " powder coated ".
Silver is a standard colour for powder coating, if it's a steel wheel finish that you are after.
Normal painting might involve two firms , one to sandblast and another to " apply anti rust treatment /prime / paint ". Leaving stripped wheels for too long ...exposed to the elements ... would see rust forming pretty quickly , if the second firm couldn't start straight away.
Bob

P.S Sorry Alex I hadn't read your other post. I'd suggest getting your paintshop / restoration garage 's opinion as to who they use for sandblasting ..if they don't do it "in house ".The professionals like working with people they know ( so that they are aware of their standard of workmanship. ).
edd_barker
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Sandblasting and repainting wheels

Post by edd_barker »

Bit late, I used a powder coater in Tolworth, they blasted the wheels for me too. Happy with their work. Near the girls school just off the A3.

Edd