Position of ash cab roof finisher for tilt

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Philemore49
MMOC Member: No

Position of ash cab roof finisher for tilt

Post by Philemore49 »

Trying to find the correct position for the ash frame that you bolt to the back top of the cab for attaching the canvas tilt . I reckon it sits about 12 mm behind the cab joint rubber seal parallel right across the roof thus forming a groove for the canvas to sit in . I want to make sure I'm correct bebore I drill the bolt holes . HELP please.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Position of ash cab roof finisher for tilt

Post by les »

Can check for you later today, maybe a photo as well.

ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

Arr, it won't be an mm measurement, that's for sure. IF it was measured at all it would've been in fractions of an inch. :wink:
The wood sits directly on a rubber section placed between the cab body and the wood. This rubber section is positioned almost touching the cab back rubber seal. There is no real gap between the two. This isn't the best picture in the world but hopefully you can make sense of it?
Attachments
pick-up tilt wood.JPG
pick-up tilt wood.JPG (302.38 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Philemore49

Post by Philemore49 »

Great , I thought one possibility might be that the rubbers touched. It means i can lean the short upright cab finishers in slightly and the top length touches. Thanks for your time taken to helping
Philemore49

Post by Philemore49 »

Ps I knew I shouldn,t have put the measurement in metric . I don't like it either
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Not the best photo, taken in a dark garage. If you measure from the centre line of the rubber cab gasket/seal to the centre of the holes you need to drill, it should be between 1 9/16 & 1 5/8 inch. This in effect will give you a gap of 3/8 inch between the edge of cab gasket and edge of gasket under the timber. In other words, you see a 3/8 wide piece of painted roof between the two. The two gaskets don't touch.
IMG_0794.JPG
IMG_0794.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1781 times

Philemore49

Post by Philemore49 »

Now I've got it. Will hopefully drill and fit today. Then onto sorting out oil leaks on sump small on front major on back Thanks again!