Replying to Adverts

You can use this area to advertise parts.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Kevin
MMOC Member: No

Replying to Adverts

Post by Kevin »

As moderators we are starting to get more and more complaints from advertisers about unfair critisms to their adverts.
In future if you have an issue with the ad can you please send the seller a pm rather than complain about the sellers advert on the open forum as this unfair on the seller as they may not realise they have overpriced the spares or indeed mis-described something about it.
The main complaint from sellers is the fact that the biggest problem is that those that are critisising the ad's have no interest in buying the parts and could actually put of someone who has been on the lookout for just such an item like the one being advertised.
So if you feel you have a valid reason that something is incorrect let the seller know via PM as they may not be aware of the fact, as many owner drivers are not experts on their spare parts.
If you disagree with my posting please let me know on what grounds by a PM.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
morris69

Re: Replying to Adverts

Post by morris69 »

THIS POST HAS NOT SEEMED TO HAVE WORKED .......

THE SELLER SHOULD BE ABLE TO DELETE ANY MESSAGE THAT THEY DO NOT FEEL IS APPROPRIATE TO THERE ITEMS THEY ARE SELLING !!!
PERHAPS THIS COULD BE SORTED SO IT GIVES THE SELLER THE OPTION TO DELETE MESSAGES FROM UNWANTED COMMENTS
KIND REGARDS
rayofleamington

Re: Replying to Adverts

Post by rayofleamington »

The official forum rules cover all sections.
Therefore if a reply breaches the T&Cs you can contact a moderator about it or mark the post to highlight it to moderators.

We have no rules that ban a bit of conversation on a for sale thread and it is hard to avoid a bit of chatter in a popular and well frequented forum. Whilst this is not banned the most we can do is discourage it (hence this guidance topic) and ensure anything that doesn't meet the rules is moderated - usually fairly quickly.

Ray
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(