first attemt with my mig

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
toginthemog
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

first attemt with my mig

Post by toginthemog »

This is my first weld with my s/hand mig welder been put off with mig as I tried a gasless s/hand rubbish was the result. then I got another mig and being a tight git tried it with pub gas give up and gave it away but on a visit to a mates house noticed a brand new mig of which he had left it in the garden for days and it had got wet inside. I begged it for nought and with fitting a new printed circuit board it,s great. first time with proper gas as well that has been my problem and cleaning up the job that needs welding is a must first attempt pics<br>Image<br><br>Image<br>
[sig]8906[/sig]
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Doesn't look too bad!

Redmoggy
Minor Fan

Post by Redmoggy »

Just need to slow down a little mate. Appart from that looks bloody good.
Rod
Luxobarge
Minor Fan

Post by Luxobarge »

Looks a good bit of kit - what a result!

Nice welding - excellent for a first go. Slightly more penetration (i.e. slightly more power) would be ideal, but if you put too much power on it you'll blow holes through it, so as I say pretty good stuff there!

Have you visited http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/ ?

A superb site, will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about MIG welding. :D
Some people are like slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you throw them downstairs.
pao7psb
Minor Fan

Post by pao7psb »

I misread the title of the post and thought it was about a first attempt with a new wig. Now I can see that there's no advice for those of us beginning to go a little thin on top I'm off back to the General Discussion forum!
[sig]9354[/sig]
Sometimes it is better to obtain forgiveness rather than permission...
Snowdrop - 1967 4 Door Saloon
toginthemog
Minor Fan

Post by toginthemog »

bit like myself going thin on top time for another spoon of medicine
[sig]8906[/sig]
stiguk
Minor Fan

Post by stiguk »

look,s like a good first try
[sig]9488[/sig]
toginthemog
Minor Fan

Post by toginthemog »

thanks luxobarge thats one cracking good site http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/ would recommend anyone self taught to check it out
[sig]8906[/sig]
stiguk
Minor Fan

Post by stiguk »

hi mate whats the name of the mig and do u know were i can get one like that from
thanks
[sig]9488[/sig]
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

Thats great Tog, have you done any more since then, got any other pictures of your later welds? This is great stuff as I'm a complete welding novice and any advice is solid gold.
smile, you never know, you might be winning.[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2ro3j37.jpg[/IMG]
toginthemog
Minor Fan

Post by toginthemog »

Hi david no nore done yet was going like a train but work come in and bringing in the coppers is more important when you are self employed going to try to get on this weekend as all the family are in Dublin just me and the cat so should get some work done

Stiquk dont know were it was purchased as I said I got it free but anywhere like machine mart or morthen tools they will have web sites even ebay will set you up if you get stuck come back and we will get you the sites
[sig]8906[/sig]