Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
new_adventures_of_arthur
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Removal of Series 2 rear door cards

Post by new_adventures_of_arthur »

Hello, bit a of a newbie and having a small problem that I wonder if anyone could help me with?

It's my first Minor and am stripping out the inside before the real work starts and having a problem with the rear door cards (which doesnt exactly bode well if I'm stuck already :D ).

I've removed the window winder, door handle, and I've popped off all the clips that hold it on, but it seems to be held on with bolts that go through the arm rest which is attached to the door. Now I cant get to these bolts without at least pulling the leather off the handle (i think its leather, not vinyl), then removing the foam of the handle itself.

It's a 1956 late series 2. Anyone have any experience of removing/replacing door cards like this?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Phil
David53
Minor Addict

Post by David53 »

The door arm rest/handles attach with two screws, which go through the trim into the door frame. If you look up from underneath you should see them, they are recessed.
[sig]8913[/sig]

David
Sydney, Australia
1953 Ser II Empire Green
new_adventures_of_arthur
Minor Fan

Hmmm, I'll take another look but I dont think there is any access to the screws which is my problem.

But I'll take another look and no doubt find they are there! :)
Have now joined the 'cool kids' at [url]http://www.morrisminorowners.co.uk[/url] :wink:
new_adventures_of_arthur
Minor Fan

hmmm. No recessed screws. The door handle/rest is totally covered. I'll see if I can take the door off this weekend and get access so the nut from somewhere else.

I'm wondering if when these were made, the were push-fitted onto the door.

Any other ideas welcome!
Have now joined the 'cool kids' at [url]http://www.morrisminorowners.co.uk[/url] :wink:
David53
Minor Addict

Post by David53 »

I am wondering if perhaps you have a leather interior which may attach differently to mine (vinyl). Try posting in the bodywork section I'm sure someone will know
[sig]8913[/sig]

David
Sydney, Australia
1953 Ser II Empire Green
new_adventures_of_arthur
Minor Fan

ok, I finally got round to taking another look at this.

Here is a picture of the door handle....

<br>Image<br>

As you can see, there's no screws to remove it.

I didnt want to bend the door card back in case I broke it, but that was the only way I could work out how to get them off. The nuts weren't tight and a couple of turns freed them off....
<br>Image<br>

Anyway, its not exactly important, but seeing as though I asked the question, thought it only polite to post the outcome.