Type 9 gearbox PLEASE HELP!

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Suzukimorris
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Type 9 gearbox PLEASE HELP!

Post by Suzukimorris »

Hi just need some help fitting my type 9 gearbox. I have an old birmingham bellhousing, to ford clutch plate on the engine. I'll get photos up when I can. Just need some help filling in the middle bits. I ended up being given What I presume is the majority of a fitting kit, and I had a type 9 box in good condition. When I had my engine built I gave them my gearbox so I know it's the right type etc Now, the only bit I'm stuck with is the clutch mecahism. I have a bracket that I think I read fastens onto the side to act as a pivot, but that's about all I have, do I need the ford clutch fork or do the kits utilise the morris one?

I know this subject has been covered in depth and I have trawled but couldn't find the right info or pictures. If anyone had there birmingham fitting kit guidelines I'd be really grateful or if somebody could help me through it that'd be awesome!

Cheers,

simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Type 9 gearbox PLEASE HELP!

Post by simmitc »

You need the Minor clutch fork and linkage. The bracket is probably a long piece of flat metal, bent at the ends through 90 degrees where it bolts to the casing. There is a boss to take the inboard end of the Minor linkage (opposite the bush on the chassis leg. I found that the plate was a bit flimsy, and welded an angle along the length to brace it. Will see if I can get you a picture later.
Suzukimorris
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Type 9 gearbox PLEASE HELP!

Post by Suzukimorris »

Ahhhh, great stuff, thanks for that! Matter of trawling through the shed to find where I put the morris clutch linkage when I changed it to run a cable clutch!