CLUB PROJECT CAR

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: CLUB PROJECT CAR

Post by irmscher »

I Think that is not the attitude one would expect when I am a full paid member for some years .I am not hiding anything and it is not my intention to do so or deceive anyone.I don't understand if I told you my name you would not know me .The forum should be updated to show if posts are from members or not and then they would know who they were dealing with
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

All I wanted to do was buy the car when it was done :-? as I want a 49 specifically and have been looking for some time .I don't understand why it has to be so secretive its the MMOC not the Freemasons at the end of the day
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Is it going to be for sale ??????
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

irmscher wrote:Is it going to be for sale ??????
Irmscher,

Have you received a satisfactory answer yet?

Have you ever read Animal Farm?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Can't understand why,when a club member asks a perfectly straightforward question there is no response from those in the know?
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I could have read Tolstoy war and peace Twenty times over before I get an answer!.I find if you ask anything about the club you get no response and cant see what benefit being a member is if ignored
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

did you PM your membership credentials to Bryan?
If not then he was at least clear that he was only giving further info to a confirmed member. ;-)
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Irmscher mentioned that he had made the post through the "members only" section which signifies that he is indeed a member so I can't see the need to supply any further details.Also as the OPs original question was asked for all(at least those with access to the members section)to see surely any response should also be made the same way.Paranoia's starting to set in.
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

For anyones' reference I jus dug out the May/June issue.It says the car was "acquired" after being sourced by Bryan Gostling.There was no mention if "acquired" means given or purchased and if it was purchased no mention of the price paid.
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

in the first post its says...
the club has just purchased a 1949 minor...
as you say mike no mention of purchase price etc :roll:
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

This thread opened with a well presented piece of information and an appeal for assistance. There have been a couple of kind offers. Apart from that it seems to have degenerated into some discontented sniping. I think that's a shame. This is an exciting project that is designed to celebrate 40 years of the Club. It will be instructive for those helping, it will be valuable reference for those wishing to follow. Anyone who has ever been involved in Club projects will tell you that such things engender good and lasting friendships. It will bring good publicity, and keep the Minor and the Club in the spotlight.

I say: Let's celebrate this initiative. Let's get behind the Club and offer our support. It's an old adage, but ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club. If anyone wants any further information on any aspect of the Club, then I have always found that a polite request to the office works wonders.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Ray Newell has a 49 and is at nearly every show and display so why does the club need one .At the end of the day I want to buy one but I am still looking.I think the club should consult members what they do with club funds and let them know whats going on .As for Simon Simmitc I am looking forward to seeing pictures of you getting your hands dirty and working on the said car :lol:
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Still waiting for a reply Bryan or a simple answer as a paid member for some years I am allowed to ask
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Probably hoping you'd just gone away.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

If you're so concerned, have you tried contacting the Club or bryan direct instead of raking over old ground on here?
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Who?
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

simmitc wrote:If you're so concerned, have you tried contacting the Club or bryan direct instead of raking over old ground on here?
Irmcher HAS asked - if the answer isn't forthcoming within a week - there is
something wrong somewhere.

Irmcher IS a mmoc member,and deserves an answer to his question.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

It boils down to a member asking a question.The question hasn't been answered.Why?The members' question attracted interest from other members.I am one of those members.I suppose all interested parties could PM Brian for an answer(with proof of membership) but surely it would be far simpler for the question to be answered on the open forum?
PGC520A

Post by PGC520A »

Hi,

The car was offered to the club after a long term member had sadly passed away last year, who had started restoring the car. The relative of the member asked for a donation for the car, which was having visited the car was agreed as fair. The visit confirmed that the body shell was in very good condition with the majority of welling completed and the majority of panels were also with the car although some require work to complete. The Car is ideal for rebuilding by the Club and club members at for example the Classic Car Show at the NEC or in conjunction with one of the Classic Car magazines.

We are hoping that the rebuild of the car will help drive membership and general interest in the club and Morris Minors in 2016 as it it will be 40 year since the club was founded.

Further information will be provided in Minor Matters as to the next steps in getting the car back on the road, and then using it to raise the profile of the club over the coming years once its back on the road.

I hope that provides a bit more of an explanation of why the club has looked to take on this project. Happy to try and answer any further points.

Regards
Andrew Stone
Director and National Rally Team Leader[frame]Image[/frame]
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

sounds like a good project :D
what was the fair donation?.....