Old dealers

MMOC Ex-Government Fleet Minors Register: for those with Military Minors and those that worked for the Government
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
exlkrs
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Old dealers

Post by exlkrs »

Sometime in the dim and distant past, working for a Distributor in Manchester, my path crossed with an old ex mil dealer, Jonny Ajedarian, who ran Dragon Garage at White City Roundabout, Manchester. He bought only the best Travellers out of service, and sold at premium prices. Place is now sadly under the larger road layout. Anyone remember the Garage?
Messin' with Morris (and Austin) for half a century!

Re: Old dealers

Post by 10988 »

Yes,I remember Dragon garage,MOD Travellers & Saloons with disability controls. The vehicles were in great condition.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Out of curiosity, I had a look for some old pictures of Dragon Garage but the image below is all I could find on the internet.
White City Roundabout, Old Trafford, Manchester 1960.jpg
Maybe someone on here has a better image that they can upload?
Best wishes,
Mike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
exlkrs
Minor Friendly

Post by exlkrs »

Yes, it's there top left. Looks like a Landover on the forecourt. Shop to the left had ex mil equipment for sale. BTW, Love the old Austin WF Artic on White City Roundabout!
Messin' with Morris (and Austin) for half a century!
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Love the old Austin WF Artic on White City Roundabout!
You mean one of these, I've never seen one before.....
Austin WF commercial.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)