Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
sidsmith
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Rear seats

Post by sidsmith »

Hi all, I have recently removed my rear seats from my '56 splitty and cleaned up all the metal and gave it a good coating of Jenolite. What I would like to know now is what can I stick to the metal to soundproof etc. Your comments would be most helpful .
thanks from a new owner.
jonathon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

RE: Rear seats

Post by jonathon »

The best soundproofing we have fitted is Dynamat, this is a 2-3mm membrane which comes on a roll about 3ft x 1ft. It is available with a self adhesive. This mat deadens the panelwork very well, but if you add a 3/4" of felt on top of this you will notice a massive improvement over a non treated panel. We buy our matting from a company called Noise Killer, I do not have their details at home but can look them up on monday. Do not be tempted by cheap products in this area, as a lot will be of obsolete spec i.e they are not fire proof. For awkward areas the Dynamat is available in a can, and will build up to a 2-3mm layer. I have used a Space layer in my own traveller this is a open foam membrane sandwiched between two high density sheets (don't know what they are) but it is brilliant stuff, but as with all good products its expensive. 8) :D