Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mattyguk11
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

seats

Post by mattyguk11 »

hi, can anybody tell me if theres any difference between the front seats of a 2 door and the 4 door cheers matt
Cam

RE: seats

Post by Cam »

Nope they are the same, as are the front seats of ALL the Minor varients (2 door, 4 door, convertible, traveller, van, pickup).

Of course the different seats that ARE out there changed a lot from different eras of production and mostly all are interchangeable (except the early lowlight ones on wooden rails). Also the trim differed with the vans/pickups and deluxe car models but a lot of that depended upon the year of manufacture.

What are you planning to do?
mattyguk11
Minor Friendly

Post by mattyguk11 »

cheers, just planning on replacing my two worn seats with better ones from a 4 door of same period/colour etc matt
Cam

Post by Cam »

Ok. That should be fine then.

Just make sure that they are the same in terms of folding or not. Although the later ones fitted to the 2 door did not fold either making access to the rear a little awkward but still possible.
mattyguk11
Minor Friendly

Post by mattyguk11 »

the ones on my 2 door at the moment dont fold,just pivot on the front leg. its a 65 saloon is that correct matt
Cam

Post by Cam »

Yes that sounds right for a '65 saloon. I think they changed over at the '64 facelift. My '63 has the older style seats, but my '69 saloon and '70 traveller have the non-folding ones like yours, so yes, I'd say that was correct.