Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
BarryHodge
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

more power please

Post by BarryHodge »

Can anyone please give me an idea of what engine/gearbox/back axle to use to give my morris more power. It would need to be a simple conversion if possible and any items about brake upgrades would be appreciated, out of interest I have been offered a 1300 metro turbo engine and box for free (nice price) does anyone know if this is possible? HELP!
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

The Metro engine is not a practical consideration.
However all is not lost. Take the engine and box and sell it on ebay where there is a good demand for this unit. With the money raised you may well get a 1300 Marina, Midget or Ital engine and enough spare to convert it to fit a Minor.
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
BarryHodge
Minor Friendly

Post by BarryHodge »

Peetee wrote:The Metro engine is not a practical consideration.
However all is not lost. Take the engine and box and sell it on ebay where there is a good demand for this unit. With the money raised you may well get a 1300 Marina, Midget or Ital engine and enough spare to convert it to fit a Minor.
thanks for the info mate any ideas about axle types if I use the marina engin, would the standard morris axle take the extra power? many thanks
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

Standard minor rear axle with the 4.22 diff should be able to take the standard Marina engine.
If you tune the 1275 then you need to think about changing the rear axle (Marina axle or Ford axle are common and any axle of roughly the correct width is possible with a bit of work)
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
BarryHodge
Minor Friendly

Post by BarryHodge »

rayofleamington wrote:Standard minor rear axle with the 4.22 diff should be able to take the standard Marina engine.
If you tune the 1275 then you need to think about changing the rear axle (Marina axle or Ford axle are common and any axle of roughly the correct width is possible with a bit of work)
thanks very much for the quick response, at least it gives me something to look at, better get me tape measure and slide rule out noe I suppose :wink: