Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
kaj
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Interia light

Post by kaj »

I have recently purchased a 1961 4 door saloon. Have been checking the lights as some dont work. The interia light was not working and when I had taken the cover off found there was no bulb. Could be the reason for not working! The problem is what bulb do I need to fit the interia light and can I get it from a standard motor shop? Thanks in advance for any help
ColinP
Minor Addict

Post by ColinP »

Kaj,

Easiest solution (I'm a little lazy :) ) is to wait a little while. At the end of your first couple of months, you'll have a "want list" with lots of items in it.

Then order them all up (mail order/ on line) from one of the suppliers from the "links" page. You'll save on the postage and be sure of getting the right bits.

Colin
kaj
Minor Friendly

Post by kaj »

I assume then, that if I speak to ESM etc and state interia light bulb 1961, they will be able to supply one.
Packedup
Minor Legend

Post by Packedup »

The bulb's one of those sort of cigar shaped ones isn't it? Only asking as I don't yet have a Minor, and the one I've been playing with doesn't yet have an interior to worry about lighting :)

If so, then pop to any car place and they should have one for a quid or so. Of course, if the car isn't on the road yet, and you're going to be ordering a fair few bits mail order, you may as well wait and be sure of the right one.

It could be that the bulb was taken out and never replaced, but it could also be that there was a problem with it, so keep an eye when you put one in. I had a car that had no bulb - I fitted one, and then found the interior light would come on every time there was heavy rain - So a previous owner must have pulled the bulb to stop the battery going flat on wet days, instead of looking for an obvious wiring fault!
ColinP
Minor Addict

Post by ColinP »

Kaj,

http://shop.morrisminorspares.co.uk/ind ... 2df028707a
(Typical response, phoned up Monday morning - I'd sheared the front brake bleed nipples - ordered the 2 front cylinders + nipples, arrived yesterday morning by post. That's also true of Bull Motif, C Ware, Birmingham MMC)

Set up an account and add the bits to your wish list. Then when you've spent a few £100s you can have them all sent together :)

As suggested, you may need to find out why the light isn't there - it could be just as a blown bulb - maybe more complicated. Once you've had the car for a while and in various weathers you'll get a better feel for the overall condition.

Colin