Marina Discs, just how does it all fit together?

Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
d_harris
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Marina Discs, just how does it all fit together?

Post by d_harris »

Having recently purchased the marina discs advertised on here recently, I can't make head nor tail of how they go together (me being thick probabally) does anyone have an exploded view, or something similar of a front disc assembly?

Ta.

Dan

simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

There were some variations. Do you have the kingpins modified with Marina stubs, or the bearing spacers to fit Marina bearings on Minor axle?

In all cases you will need to drill out mounting holes in kingpin to take larger bolts. Be careful, go slow, don't overheat metal, and don't get too close to edge. Large dust shield fits first, curved lip towards wheel, cut-out to rear; then caliper mounting bracket - the four holes line up with those in the kingpin (large one goes over axle!) & the remaining two are to the rear of the kingpin (in cut-out of shield) ready to mount the calipers. The hollow side of the bracket faces outwards. Note that the shield, brackets, and calipers are all handed.

Small piece of metal with two holes - remove nut retaining steering arm, fit metal pointing inwards, replace nut. This metal now forms bracket for mounting flexible hose & small copper pipe goes from here to callipers.

That's for starters; I'll see if I can find a diagram for the bearings, washers, etc; but if all pieces are present then it should be straight forward. Good luck

PS I'd recommend fitting the servo first. Plenty of opinion on the board about pros & cons, but I'd say fit it and operate on all wheels.
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

I intend to fit a servo. I'm going to get the car MOT'd and use it whilst I build as much of my modification as possible on the car before dumping them in, it will include a servo.

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Servo - on a wee car like a Minor !! No need for it if the brakes are working properly and correctly sized pistons are used.
ImageImage