Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
paulhumphries
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Vac take off on 1098 for servo

Post by paulhumphries »

What do people do for servo vac take off when currently 100% original engine / manifolds ?
I intend fitting a servo (already have one "in stock !) and dont mind changing manifolds but just wondered what other people did.

Thanks.

Paul Humphries.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Its probably easier to get one from a 998cc mini with the outlet already there as its the same size manifold but designed for a 1 1/2" su but it wont look any different.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
andyreeder
Minor Friendly

Post by andyreeder »

I just drilled and taped the manifold for the new fitting. Best to remove the manifold and give it a good clean befor putting it back so no particles get taken into the engine.

Hope this helps :
Packedup
Minor Legend

Post by Packedup »

Kevin wrote:Its probably easier to get one from a 998cc mini with the outlet already there as its the same size manifold but designed for a 1 1/2" su but it wont look any different.
There's a couple of snags with that though - The HS4 has diagonal mounts so you'll have to change carbs, and though the lump is on the casting the hole still needs drilling unless you find one off a late 80s car with servo fitted (not that many did before they went injection).
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

If you get a Mini manifold - get the bigger carb at the same time !! Although my own feeling is that s ervo is not needed on a small car like a MInor - if you feel you must have one - just drill and tap into the inlet manifold - 1/4" bspt should be fine. However - you need to make sure no swarf gets into the engine, so really it's a manifold off job anyway. Then you need to figure how you will re-route the brake pipes so both rear and front brakes go through the servo !! For me it's all too much hassle.
ImageImage