Where is GSV 475 Custom miami blue morris minor now? (pics)

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
kevbarlas
MMOC Member: No

Where is GSV 475 Custom miami blue morris minor now? (pics)

Post by kevbarlas »

Hey,
Ive been trying to search for my dads old Morris minor he had ages ago. He spent years customising it but after a light front end crash my dad got diss-heartened and couldnt affored the garage anymore so he had to sell it and i think hes regreted it ever since. I'd love to know where it is now. It was sold in Edinburgh around 92 i believe, possibly later. It had a Corsair V4 engine and was painted miami blue with a silver roof although it may be purple now. Last time i saw it was in Edinburgh about 96-97 . Last time my dad knew where it was it was rumoured to be in liberton in Edinburgh somewhere. Ive tried driving around the streets there but cant see it.
Does anyone know where it is now?
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

The vehicle details for GSV 475 are:

Date of Liability 01 07 1999
Date of First Registration 01 05 1987
Year of Manufacture 1963
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2000CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour SILVER
Vehicle Type Approval null

That looks a very nice car but sadly it was last on the road 10 years ago, it may be still around somewhere but it has not been taxed or SORN'd
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

croft
Minor Fan

Post by croft »

Hi there, I seem to remember seeing this car at a couple of shows around the Edinburgh/Borders area in the mid 90s. That rear spoiler will live in my memory for ever! As it hasnt been registered for the road for a number of years I would guess - a, its been scrapped or b, its sitting in someones garage. Best thing to do is ask at some of the summer shows, if its still around someone may know who has it or who had it!