Period rear damper kit.

You can use this area to advertise parts.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Period rear damper kit.

Post by philthehill »

I am in the process of upgrading the rear dampers on my Minor and will have the conversion kit photo below for sale shortly.
WDF rear dampers 1.JPG
WDF rear dampers 1.JPG (1.06 MiB) Viewed 538 times
Please note:-
Only the dampers qty 2 and the mount brackets qty 2 are for sale.
The mount brackets utilises the two original mounting holes so a straight bolt on conversion.
The top damper mount bushes will be NOS poly.
£45 plus postage.
If interested PM or message me on here.

alan12666
Minor Friendly

Re: Period rear damper kit.

Post by alan12666 »

Hi Phil, this looks an interesting kit: the damper bodies are reasonably vertical so looks like it doesn't have compromise of some conversions. I may well be interested. It doesn't look like there is much free length on the dampers for actual travel though - do you know what the available travel is, please ... is it comparable to standard travel?
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

It has been a good kit and has been fitted to my speed hill-climb and sprint Minor for quite a while.
The suspension has been lowered by 2" (reset springs) but damper upward travel currently equates to the clearance between the top face of the axle bump rubber and body bump plate. On a non lowered Minor the travel up and down will be greater especially when the axle drops.
The top dirt shroud tube has been shortened to provide additional clearance between spring and damper. The shortening does not effect the damper operation.
The top bushes (with centre metal tube) have been removed and either shortened rubber damper link bushes or poly bushes can be used. I will supply qty 4 poly bushes.
I will take off one of the dampers and measure the fully open and fully closed lengths.
The fitment is easy - remove the old lever arm damper, link and bushes. Fit the mounting bracket using the two lever arm damper mount holes/bolts/nuts, fit the damper to the mounting bracket and Minor lever damper link top mount using either the rubber or poly link bushes.
The damping of the dampers (oil) is as good as the dampers (gas) that are replacing them.
Phil

alan12666
Minor Friendly

Post by alan12666 »

Phil, thanks - will be interested to know the open/closed lengths when you have them, please.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Alan
The open length of the damper from eye centre to eye centre is 330mm.
The closed length of the damper from eye centre to eye centre is 210mm

alan12666
Minor Friendly

Post by alan12666 »

Phil,

Thanks - that's more than I expected from the photos, I'll send you a PM to progress form here.

Alan