Cars For Sale

1968 2 door saloon 'Maggie' with mods
Parts For Sale

Toyota mr2 engine good engine

SIP/Cosmo MIG welder modification

Got any hints or tips? Share them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby alainmoran » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:05 am

I use 0.8 as I mentioned earlier in the thread ... I guess I have to face the fact that I'm so terrible at welding that I dont realise I'm having problems

Its probably down to having taught myself to weld using the same SIP welder, if I'd been properly taught with a proper welding set then I would probably be having lots of problems with my SIP just like everyone else.
alainmoran
Minor Addict

Postby bmcecosse » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:03 am

" Top tip for any Scots out there " - thanks LA! Seriously - does the inside of a net curtain thing really work ? We don't have any (thankfully) - but they must surely still be available somewhere. As for the re-reeling - I have an 8mm film editing device somehwere which winds from reel to reel - so I guess I would use that! But I do plan to invest in a small reel of 0.8mm wire to try that first.
ImageImage
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Postby linearaudio » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 pm

:D :D :D

Yes, the net curtain twangy bit does work, it was a bit of lateral thinking on the part of a lady (gasp) on the aforementioned welding forum. She noticed the similarity between the super expensive steel liners and the twangy stuff while she was doing some girly stuff with the nets!
Available from any hardware/curtain shop at around £2 for a 2m length (that is how much my SIP needed). Far, far less drag than the plastic liner on that horrid little feed motor.
linearaudio
Minor Legend

Previous

Return to Useful Tips