Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Des911
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Young enthusiast Bangers and Cash

Post by Des911 »

Murrayminor wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:27 am There are two distinct camps when it comes to classics, those that like their classic and take every opportunity to work on them, maybe even enjoying working on them rather than driving, and the other camp who love classic cars but cannot wild a spanner.
I would say I think you've missed a group here. I am 70, have always loved cars and now have 2 classics but because of my tired body I am not able to bend or get off the floor after lying down. I therefore have to pay someone to look after them. I am not alone in this "time of life" but still love cars, can use a spanner and know a thing or two about cars.
1958 4 door Black
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Des911
I know how you feel. :cry:
Phil

Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

Des911 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:44 am
Murrayminor wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:27 am There are two distinct camps when it comes to classics, those that like their classic and take every opportunity to work on them, maybe even enjoying working on them rather than driving, and the other camp who love classic cars but cannot wild a spanner.
I would say I think you've missed a group here. I am 70, have always loved cars and now have 2 classics but because of my tired body I am not able to bend or get off the floor after lying down. I therefore have to pay someone to look after them. I am not alone in this "time of life" but still love cars, can use a spanner and know a thing or two about cars.
Ha yes indeed, I must admit I'm only 55 but once down it does take a few seconds for the gears to engage before I can get up again. :D
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
Bowie69
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Bowie69 »

2-post lifts are cheap these days!
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

Bangers and Cash..

Just watched last nights offering and at about 10 mins in, a chap was putting three Datuns to auction , but in the background a nice MM white van ??

John ;-)
ColinChandler
Minor Fan

Post by ColinChandler »

I enjoy Bangers and Cash as its quite easy viewing and pretty entertaining. Has there ever been a Morris featured though? There are quite often one or two in the background of the showroom but they never seem to be one of the featured cars. Too common or not different enough?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Maybe not a saloon but I think they featured a pickup a while back.

sid
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by sid »

Mathewsons' Company 'runaround',was a Minor van :) but just looked it up,and they sold it at auction.
Richie B
Minor Friendly

Post by Richie B »

In the last series, cant remember episode they featured a very nice trafalgar blue convertible. Love the programme, easy watching and good to escape from "normal" life