Low speed

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
SamMorris2019
MMOC Member: Yes

Low speed

Post by SamMorris2019 »

Does anyone know why my Morris has low speed when driving? It doesnt want to pull very fast and stops pulling after a few seconds with your foot to the floor with near to know speed in 2nd.
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Low speed

Post by geoberni »

Well looking at your posts so far, you've told people absolutely nothing about your car, ...zilch, nought, diddly squat etc...
Not even how long you've had it, or if you have any past experience of cars of the era.
What was it like before, or have you just rebuilt it after buying a 'Barn Find' and never driven it on the road before?
So there could be as many reasons as the old carpet shampoo, ....1001.
It doesnt want to pull very fast and stops pulling after a few seconds with your foot to the floor with near to know speed in 2nd.
What are you comparing it to, past experience of the same car, or a modern motor? Everything has to be relative to a benchmark of some sort.

I suggest you tell people about the car, e.g. how long you've had it, what model it is, what engine, any modifications?
What experience you have with such old cars.

Without such baseline information, people will have no idea what direction to suggest.
Basil the 1955 series II

shoebone
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by shoebone »

Can I start with the first guess ..... Low on dashpot oil :D
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

shoebone wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:56 pm Can I start with the first guess ..... Low on dashpot oil :D
You can guess all you like. I can think of 50 or so possibilities but as geoberni says, without some clues, guessing is pretty pointless :wink: