Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Matt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Cars For Sale bit

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:23 pm

les wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:22 pm
It appears that Matt has thrown the towel in?
I'm still here and posting arn't I? Far more than the 0 Morris Minor FB groups I am on at any rate :lol:

FB is invaluable for my "hobby" business though - couldn't do without it (Thats mainly focused around Transits though)
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Trickydicky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Postby Trickydicky » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:27 pm

As said before the reason no comments could be added to For Sale ads was simply due to posters adding their own opinions to the ads, I do remember it getting quite heated occasionally and adverts were removed as the posters took offence.
This forum will always be the font of all knowledge as there have been so many knowledgeable people answering questions about problems with cars, these people have forgotten more about minors than some will ever know. For this reason alone is why the Admin team should push the MMOC to preserve and keep the message board online. It is a shame the committee don’t see the importance of this forum as a historical reference and won’t invest in it from a long term perspective.
Facebook/chat groups are great for a quick answer but as mentioned before, in a online world there is a lot of misinformation out there.
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.

les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Postby les » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:10 pm

Perhaps I should have been clearer, referring to the actual club membership.

Flywheel
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Postby Flywheel » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:15 pm

As a recent member on the forum i joined in December 2019, I would certainly favour this site above Facebook.

I dabbled with social media after I retired but in the end I became sick and tired with all of it.

I'm very grateful for all the wealth of information posted on here. The photos, the explanations, the diagrams it's a real treasure trove.

Apologies for my off topic opinion, I send everyone of you on here my grateful thanks.👍
Jonnie.
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? :roll:
W. Clement Stone