They didn't have it near you Mal as they knew you would't pay to get in
Hey Rog.... bet you were talking to Bill yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol:
I forgot about that so I'll just stick to my usual 'FREE' shows :wink: :lol:

Mal
rayofleamington
MMOC Member: No

Post by rayofleamington »

Who is the new web team? as you mentioned it
The current proposal is a new Web-Master and 2 Web editors.
Names brought into discussion at the AGM by Ray Newell were Cam for WM and John Rock (Rocke?) as one of the WE's. At the moment, as far as I can work out, nothing is signed or sealed and therefore my comment is just to pass on what was said at the AGM, nothing more.
The other person/s in the running for 2nd WE post wasn't/weren't formally mentioned but I have a strong suspicion of the outcome.

There are some more meetings coming up and hopefully some formal announcements to follow in the very near future (before Christmas) but failing that it is not liklely to be much longer afterwards.

I'm sure whoever get lumbered with the posts will have all our support... except when the site is down and people like me are pestering to find out when it's getting fixed 8) ;-)
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Just to clear up the mystery, the other editor is me. There have been discussions about the minutes and several other issues, and changes are afoot over those , but as far as I am aware they will be available online. The time scale of that will not be until they have been cleared as an accurate record of the AGM by the members present at the next AGM (I think - it's late, sorry, just got back from this one). As far as I am aware, BTW, this bit of the site is to be one of my responsibilities, and the others will be clearer after discussion with John R. There will be announcements made about changes to the moderation team and terms and conditions of the board soon as well. Incidentally, you should give the AGM a go next year - it's a real eye opener.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The time scale of that will not be until they have been cleared as an accurate record of the AGM by the members present at the next AGM (I think - it's late, sorry, just got back from this one).
Andrew is correct the minutes of the AGM are only available once they are approved which is at the next AGM so it means that the minutes that are available will always be a year behind.
As Ray said they are available to any member who wants a copy from Derby.
They used to be sent to all Branch contacts some years ago but the branches voted for them to be available on request as the branches were rarely asked for a copy so a cost was incurred that wasnt really needed.
I hope that has clarified it for you Millerman if not just ask.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
stevey
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by stevey »

fantastic finally the minor can go to all the nationals instead of showing up in a modern car. GOOD IDEA TO HOLD IN CENTRAL ENGLAND!!!!!!!! Could the NI branch in (with any luck)

millerman
Minor Addict

Post by millerman »

Thanks very much for all your work. I'm really pleased that members are able to get Committee minutes if they so wish and I don't mind snail mail.
So if anyone wants to whinge then they know where to get the info on decisions made.
I have attended an AGM, several years ago and wasn't overly impressed but things they are a changing!
Judge
Minor Legend

Re: National Rally 2007

Post by Judge »

mal wrote: Hey Rog.... bet you were talking to Bill yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny you should say that Mal :wink: :lol:
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

I'd say so. A lot more understanding on both "sides" of the roles of both "sides". There may be a little blood spilled over some of the forthcoming changes, but they are necessary. I'll post news of them when they happen, or when they're imminent, so don't worry. Among them are the appointment of a couple of new moderators, and changes to the T&Cs (not huge), and I'm making sure they are approved and practical before I implement them :D Just give me a few days though :D
Last edited by bigginger on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mal
Minor Addict

National Rally 2007

Post by mal »

Funny you should say that Mal
Bet it was an interesting few comments Bill :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mal
HarryMango
Minor Addict

Post by HarryMango »

Well we did have a good gossip but not about you Mal - honest :D

Rog
RichardLewis
Minor Friendly

Post by RichardLewis »

sorry I missed meeting, quess I will have to miss the 2007 gathering also. plse tell me all about it with pics. Richard in Abbotsford (canada) :lol:
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

Not so fast, I believe we already have some coming from the United States and South Africa :D
alcro
Minor Friendly

Re: National Rally 2007

Post by alcro »

Kevin wrote:For those that were not at the AGM yesterday.
Next years Natinal will be at Kelmarsh Hall, Northamptonshire.
do we have a date yet for this event

alan
andrewstone

Post by andrewstone »

National Rally 2007 Update

7 & 8th July 2007

All,
Next years National Rally will be at Kelmarsh Hall, Northamptonshire on the 7 & 8th July where we hoped to be joined by the Swiss MORRIS MINOR Club, who will be celebrating their 25th anniversary, with a number of cars driving to the event!

Kelmash was built in 1732 to a James Gibbs design, Kelmarsh Hall is surrounded by its working estate, grazed parkland and beautiful gardens. Over the years successive owners and influences have left their imprint on the Palladian house and the gardens, reflecting the development of country house styles and tastes; none more so than Nancy Lancaster who decorated the rooms in the manner that has become known as the English country house look.

Regards
Andrew
National Rally Team Leader
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Excellent - another birthday at the National :D
alcro
Minor Friendly

Post by alcro »

Thanks Andrew
Next years National Rally will be at Kelmarsh Hall, Northamptonshire on the 7 & 8th July where we hoped to be joined by the Swiss MORRIS MINOR Club, who will be celebrating their 25th anniversary, with a number of cars driving to the event!
Never been to a National Rally before, do people really travel from afar?
I'm trying to convince myself to travel from Teesside to Northampton in a Series II :-?

From your description it sounds well worth the effort

regards Alan
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

For what it's worth, it's definitely worth the trip. A real highlight of the year, even if it involves (as it did for me this year) a journey from Somerset to Scunthorpe. :D
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

alcro wrote:I'm trying to convince myself to travel from Teesside to Northampton in a Series II :-?
No worries , I have driven from Oxford to Orkney in a Series II before now to attend a rally.
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

:D :D
Onne

Post by Onne »

Well worth it! I drove my Series II from Holland to the last two Nationals. Next one is only 30 miles away though :D
Onne van der S. MMOCno 60520 Moderator
2dr 1971 White DAF 55 (with hopefully a 1600cc engine soon)
2dr 1973 Bergina (DAF 44)
2dr Estate 1975 DAF 46 in red
2dr saloon 1972 DAF 44 in Mimosa