Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Innovator
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Video: Top Gear. Issigonis Tribute & Morris Minors

Post by Innovator »

Here is the Top Gear tribute when Issigonis died. It also features quite a few Minors, some you may recognise.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maKX0gw_eps

John
SR
Minor Addict

Post by SR »

nice one ,thats pretty good
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1070767
grahamt7
Minor Fan
Location: Manchester (nee Glasgow), UK, Missionary Worker (Scotsman living in England since 1990)

Post by grahamt7 »

excellent
Graham.
MMOC 63699, Free Radical "Say it and be damned!"
Scarlett, 67 2-door OLD 992E - until 22nd July only
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 3.0 Diesel
2010 Chrysler 300C 3.0 Diesel
1994 Volkswagen Golf 1.8I - 33,000 miles
wimor
Minor Friendly

Post by wimor »

Excellent movie. How can I copier it on my computer?

Greetings, Wimor
alex_holden
Minor Legend

Post by alex_holden »

Wimor: Youtube doesn't support downloading video directly from their site, but there are a number of third party applications that can do it. Google for "youtube download".

I wondered who the presenter was and what happened to her, so I did a search on her name and turned up an article about her becoming a Buddhist nun in Scotland! :o
ImageImage
Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer.
Innovator
Minor Fan

Post by Innovator »

Alternatively you could ask the person who posted the video to email it to you..........................
Nadir
Minor Friendly

Post by Nadir »

...or use one of the many programs that capture the audio and video on your screen...
Innovator
Minor Fan

Whoops, Hope you saw it while you can!

Post by Innovator »

It seems the BBC employ somebody to scan You Tube to look for BBC programs. The Top Gear featuring Minors that I posted has been deleted, see email below!!!!!! :evil:

Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by British Broadcasting Corporation claiming that this material is infringing:

Top Gear Morris Minors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maKX0gw_eps

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to our designated agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):

A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.
Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
The subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriberis address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:

DMCA Complaints
YouTube, Inc.
1000 Cherry Ave.
Second Floor
San Bruno, CA 94066
Email: copyright@youtube.com

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Re: Whoops, Hope you saw it while you can!

Post by bigginger »

Innovator wrote:It seems the BBC employ somebody to scan You Tube to look for BBC programs..
Not specifically, AFAIK, but anyone who works there, or doesn't for that matter, can let the BBC lawyers know about this sort of thing :) I'd guess that it was one of the production team, and the Beeb served one of the infamous 'cease and desist' orders to you tube