Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
daveyl
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

3 into 1 downpipe...and the rest??

Post by daveyl »

hello, i just acquired a 3 into 1 exhaust downpipe, problem is trying to find an exhaust that will fit. i am riding on a tight budget, so the new one costing over 160 quid really doesn't sound all that appealing. any ideas as to which car i could "borrow" an exhaust from...your views will be greatly received!
thanks
Dave
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Assuming the 3 into 1 goes through the hole in the panel - ie it's not a Spridget manifold - then either splice on the original system, or just visit the local Kwak Fut and ask if you can rake through their pile of old systems - usually can fish out some perfectly good parts to make up your own. If it is a Spridget manifold then it's going to be v tight against the chassis - not sure if it's possible. Any chance of a picture ?
ImageImage
Orkney
Minor Legend

Post by Orkney »

might be a metro LNB?
If its a big bore then your going to restrict it something chronic by putting the standard to it with a flare adaptor.
Made a from scrap exhaust the other day for the free landy going from just a single downpipe, wasnt too bad to do on reflection, thats not to say it will stay on though. If i hadnt had all the U clips lying around spare would have been quite pricey to do.
http://mog.myfreeforum.org
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Why are we wandering down the 'what manifold is it' path?
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Because that affects what system (if any) can be connected to it! Point is - a Spridget one is not much good on a Minor - nor is a Mini or Metro one, without extensive modifications !
ImageImage
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Just curious, since the OP didn't say anything about that. I *know* about the Midget manifold, having once inadvertantly got one, and the Maestro manifold one too, since I have one...
a
callyspoy
Minor Legend

Post by callyspoy »

sorry for not replying sooner, internet has been down. the manifold is the l.c.b one that is on ESM. sorry for the confusion!