MMOC Member: No

Re: Spotted today.

Post by Tapitha »

[frame]Image[/frame]
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Spotted an H reg trafalgar blue 2 door driving past Cardiff castle at about 10.45pm last night. Possibly Matt Coles.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Post by chesney »

Matt Coles is on an E reg Louise ;)
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

I only got a quick glance so might have got the reg wrong but the driver looked like Matt :)

Eric - 1971 Traveller
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

spotted a green Minor saloon perched on top of a big heap of soil :o ,in a field @ 5 miles from my village...investigations are well under way!
nikki1979uk
Minor Friendly

Post by nikki1979uk »

Nice metallic blue/green with a white roof (I think ... It was very sunny) pulled in behind me on the Solihull bypass
Matt Tomkins
Minor Addict
Location: Aston Clinton, Aylesbury, Bucks or Oxford during term time

Post by Matt Tomkins »

LouiseM wrote:Spotted an H reg trafalgar blue 2 door driving past Cardiff castle at about 10.45pm last night. Possibly Matt Coles.
doubt it, I think his car is still off the road for welding :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46862234@N ... 671969048/
http://www.facebook.com/matttomkins

Misty, Morris Minor 2-door, 1970,
fully restored with the help of various of the young members to whom i am forever grateful. http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43571
Also Mavis, 1960 Factory Tourer, and a '69 Traveller project: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=53487

Join the young owners at: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/gr ... [sig]11392[/sig]
chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

nikki1979uk wrote:Nice metallic blue/green with a white roof (I think ... It was very sunny) pulled in behind me on the Solihull bypass
That'd be Sally, one of our Birmingham Branch members :)

It's a silver roof.
nikki1979uk
Minor Friendly

Post by nikki1979uk »

It was cool ... Lovely colour combo. :)
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philthehill »

A very nice looking traveller coming out of Stockbridge, Hants up the hill on the Salisbury road this afternoon. I gave a wave and received one back. :D

shagracer
Minor Friendly

Post by shagracer »

spotted today in full flight, a well used 4 door with tow bar! on the A36 at standerwick
1967 MORRIS MINOR by shagracer, on Flickr
John Naylor
Minor Fan

Post by John Naylor »

Camera malfunction but we all know what a black 1967 2 door Saloon looks like anyway.... OGW637E was just off the Knotty Way in Uttoxeter Staffs this morning having a spot of (gas) welding done on the NS floor for its young owner. Lovely motor and look forward to seeing it and its owner running round locally......
John

Bertie.
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

spotted a nice cream/oew Moggy tourer,hood down, on the M42 yesterday..lady driver..hope she wasn't heading for the gridlock on the southbound M5 :(
Tapitha
Minor Fan

Post by Tapitha »

Two minors at Easton Farm Park in Suffolk today. A green early 60s traveller that was originally owned by Birds Eye identified by a hole in the roof for a two way radio aerial. The hole now has a rubber grommet over it. Has anybody else got a former Birds Eye traveller. The other Minor was a green 4 door 918cc side valve with cheese cutter grill, split screen and high head lights, very smart. A third Minor was my "Tapitha". Forgot to take my camera and didn't note the reg numbers, sorry.
Mike and Tapitha.
gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

At the Hotrod Hayride event at the Bisley Shooting Centre (they do things other than shoot), in amoungst all the American Hotrods and Amercian style inspired British Cars (like Vauxhall), I spotted this (taken from my DashCam - I was there for shooting)[frame]Image[/frame]Don't know if it was "rodded", but the car did have red wheels and no wheel trims or Hub Caps - must be a "rod".
This car, at least, was not awaiting rescue like a number of its American cousins!
Sorry for the quality, but my front cam (I have a rear one as well), seems to have developed focusing problems.
Quite a number of VW camper "splitties" were in evidence and, of course, a number of display vehicles were towed to the event. Very surprised that one American "rod" was being towed home using an "A" frame - thought this was now illegal, unless an "emergency" tow home.
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
Gilesv
Minor Friendly

Post by Gilesv »

The "Fabulous Baker Brothers" filming with their Minor van in The Square, Winchester, this afternoon. Sorry no photo available.
chesney
Minor Legend

Post by chesney »

Spotted today, or rather was spotted, by a white 2 door saloon USJ 688, drove past while I was in Motosave car park, on the A650 in Morley.
davidpidge
Minor Fan

Post by davidpidge »

Spotted a very dark blue 2 door having 'minor mechanical issues' stopped on the A36 towards Bath. would have stopped but there was already someone in the engine bay and my van would have blocked the road a bit! He had funny plates. Possibly a foreign Minor? Hope they sorted it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1956 Traveller - work in progress

derekscoopers
Minor Friendly

Post by derekscoopers »

Like London buses !

Driving my 3 door smoke grey though my village of Iver on my way to work ( I use it every day ) I was gobsmacked to see coming towards me a dark blue saloon moggy, I had heard there was another one in our area but had not seen it yet, well what do you know ! 10 minutes down the road and a maroon pick up went passed me the other way and of course waves went both ways.

Hope we are not becoming common..................
chesney
Minor Legend

Post by chesney »

Spotted about 7PM this evening on Sunny Bank Road, Mirfield, a very nice grey ser 2 splitscreen reg RYY 376. Waves were exchanged and horns were tooted...