Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
stephenpolhill
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Drifting

Post by stephenpolhill »

I used to drift mine really well in the wet with crossplys. It taught me alot about the limit of cars and control. I didn't even do high speeds. Now with new radials all that happens is the inside wheel bounces horribly. Ok i get a hell of a lot of grip and no understeer even in the wet but not a lot of drifting :( Any ideas?

Just J-j-j-jiggle it a bit.
'Fiona' - a 1965 original 'C' 2dr in Almond Green
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... bc64c7805b
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Doesnt sound like my sort of road event and as Les has said can let us know when you are coming and I will let you know where our local ASDA car park is and you can join the other who like to use the car park as a playgound at night.
Still I suppose its a modern version of things that go bump in the night.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
webbnuts
Minor Fan

Post by webbnuts »

There is a difference between doing a burnout in a french hot hatch terrorising residents and hanging the DONT SWEAR OR YOU WILL BE BANNED out in the wet in a 40 year old Moggy. Maybe.
chickenjohn
Minor Legend

Post by chickenjohn »

stephenpolhill wrote:I used to drift mine really well in the wet with crossplys. It taught me alot about the limit of cars and control. I didn't even do high speeds. Now with new radials all that happens is the inside wheel bounces horribly. Ok i get a hell of a lot of grip and no understeer even in the wet but not a lot of drifting :( Any ideas?
Ideas- fit the narrowest tyres you can find at the rear, or better still, go back to crossplies. My Traveller used to like to drift and slide very controllably on wet roundabouts when it had crossply tyres on it- and at half shaft friendly speeds- slow!
Cheers John - all comments IMHO
- Come to this years Kent branches Hop rally! http://www.kenthop.co.uk
(check out the East Kent branch website http://www.ekmm.co.uk )
ImageImage
rsawatson
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by rsawatson »

stephenpolhill wrote:I used to drift mine really well in the wet with crossplys. It taught me alot about the limit of cars and control. I didn't even do high speeds. Now with new radials all that happens is the inside wheel bounces horribly. Ok i get a hell of a lot of grip and no understeer even in the wet but not a lot of drifting :( Any ideas?
I find that when you have weight in the back, an excellent slide can be achieved. The bouncing seems to occur more without any weight in the back, altghough in the wet I find it's pretty good.

I'll certainly be reverting to 145/14s from the 155s I have at the moment when I next need tyres!
Ryan Watson