Hello!

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Yukon61
MMOC Member: No

Hello!

Post by Yukon61 »

I've been an MMOC member for a few years and thought it was time to go online.

There seems to be lots of useful stuff here, which I certainly could have used in the past. But the best experience is hard-learned, isn't that what they say?

Anyway, I have owned my 1961 2-door (unimaginatvely called "Morris") for almost 25 years; I bought it shortly after having learnt to drive in my parents' 1971 Traveller.

Mine has been a bit of a project, over the years, with a few mods as time and money permitted. Currently has a 1293 A+ with HIF44 and K+N filter on an MG Metro manifold, 1.5 ratio rockers, stage 2 unleaded head, Kent 266 cam, Janspeed LCB, SS exhaust, front discs, servo, Spax, 1098 box, 3.9 diff, LP917s, Kenlowe fan, alternator, halogen headlamps, 2-speed wipers etc.

Most of the mods were done during and in the years just after University. Then 6 or 8 years as daily driver before I got my first Eurobox to save the mileage on the Minor. Then demoted to "standby car" and going to shows and days out. And several trips around France and much fun over the years.

Sadly it's been SORN for a few years following a "melted wiring loom incident" (my fault), but fortunately not full-on fire, that prompted a rewire that got sidelined a bit by having kids. The plan is to get an MOT by the time Morris turns 50 in May.

I doubt it will be shiny or even rust-free by then, but running would be nice. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Rob.
Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.
-Albert Einstein
chrisryder
Minor Legend

Re: Hello!

Post by chrisryder »

welcome! you're in the best place :D

if you need any help (you sound pretty experienced though) don't be scared to post your questions, or you can use the 'search' box at the top right to see if it's already been covered.
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

Hi and welcome! Yukon grey '61 2-doors are the best (though maybe I'm slightly biased!) mine was built on 30th May so ours will not be far apart at all. Please post some photos of your car as we all like photos :D

Good luck with getting it MoT'd.
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

beero
Minor Legend

Post by beero »

Welcome to the forum, we all have fingers crossed for your MOT

DaisyMayFozz
Minor Fan

Post by DaisyMayFozz »

my 61 loom caught fire yesterday, and am in the possess of seeing the damage (nothing serious, just some melted wires) i ahev to dissagree with sidney 61 thou, Old English White 61's are the best (althought any 61 in any colour is good :D )

please post up some pictures.
good luck