Well if I had a van or pickup to start with id be a bit more ambitious

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/elddis-voyager-ii ... 2eb5ac1832
youngcamper
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: making a van into a campervan?

Post by youngcamper »

Thats insane !

Only 2 more exams to go then work will commence :D .
Will
ImageImageImage
________1967-Lily________________________1963-Phoebe_______________________1965-Dobby_________
PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

yah, but what fun :D :D :D
By the way where did you get your sun tour seats
The seller hasn't contacted me yet so dont know if I have got it or not :cry:
youngcamper
Minor Fan

Post by youngcamper »

I contacted the suntor register and they had just had a tip off about them, he only had the front ones which were purchased for £20. not to bad really.

Best of luck with the camper, its pretty rotten if he don't let you have it.
Will
ImageImageImage
________1967-Lily________________________1963-Phoebe_______________________1965-Dobby_________
Sam_Finlay
Minor Friendly

Post by Sam_Finlay »

HA HA!
PAULJ wrote:Well if I had a van or pickup to start with id be a bit more ambitious

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/elddis-voyager-ii ... 2eb5ac1832
If only I had the time!!!! I'd be half tempted to stretch a rolling chassis and stick something appropriate under the bonnet just to turn a few heads. :P :P[frame]Image[/frame]

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

PaulJ, the campervan you've bought belonged to a B'ham branch member, was called "Bluebell". In the picture it was helping my daughter and future son-in-law to move some furniture.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

If anyone thought a Minor camper would be too small how about this!
Presumably the kids were asleep in the bed and the missus making tea in the back...
[frame]Image[/frame]
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

Well if its a game of top trumps you want hows this ???[frame]Image[/frame]
youngcamper
Minor Fan

Post by youngcamper »

I wouldn't like too attempt a hill in either of those :lol:
Will
ImageImageImage
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

Fantastic! :D (Actually the cycle powered body would probably sit quite nicely on a Minor LCv chassis....)
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

Hi all, well the old camper made it to the TT. Best lap 5H 20M but we did stop for tea and cakes. There was loads of interest and many people took photos. Warm and dry and roomy. Did about 700 miles round trip no problems. So much fun we are doing it again next year.....maybe. Two photos up on the mountain road at the bungalow (Joey Dunlop memorial)

:D[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

Now sporting a pop top and stable door[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

Looks a neat upgrade. did you build the pop top from scratch or convert an existing one?
Those look like Dolomite wheels so presumably you're on a Marina axle with 3 1/4" pcd. Looks good.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

IaininTenbury wrote:Looks a neat upgrade. did you build the pop top from scratch or convert an existing one?
Those look like Dolomite wheels so presumably you're on a Marina axle with 3 1/4" pcd. Looks good.
I was beginning to think this post was dead. So thanks for the interest. The pop top came off a Rapedo micro caravan. It came off a flat roof so fitted on to the van perfectly. Just had to make a frame to mount it on to. believe it or not, this was the fourth pop top I had bought. The other three all would have needed work so when this one came up I had to have it. Folds down in seconds and makes so much difference inside. The next plan is to refit the inside to give a bit more room so watch this space :wink:
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

That is brilliant 8) I love my campers and I love my Minor so I'd say you have the perfect vehicle :D
The pop-top looks very similar to that on my Auto-Sleeper, does it operate in a similar fashion.
PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

panky wrote:That is brilliant 8) I love my campers and I love my Minor so I'd say you have the perfect vehicle :D
The pop-top looks very similar to that on my Auto-Sleeper, does it operate in a similar fashion.
This one, you pull two locking pins out. Push up. The two ends spring up and lock in. The two sides with windows are pushed up and locked in position. These can also be left ajar for ventilation.
I think If I hade to start again. I would buy a chassis and extend it. A better diesel engine and a proper body. This will do till then. It is fun :D :D :D
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Enough of a difference to get round copyright :D It's good having solid sides rather than flappy canvas 8)
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

Sounds a very similar arrangement to the CI motorhomes 'Trailblazer' roof (used on Sherpa's, Commers and others). Only difference was they were too mean to do a GRP moulding so it was fabricated with ally covered ply and the central seam gives many opportunities for leaks... Erecting arrangement is by gas struts to support it whilst the ends are folded out and the sides hinged up and clamped in. It was probably very good when new...
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.