Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
KatiePotatie
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Hello (newbie!)

Post by KatiePotatie »

Hello!

I figured this was a good place to come along to being as I am in the process of buying my very first Morris Minor 1000 (excited doesn't cover it, I haven't slept a wink since paying the deposit yesterday!)

On Sunday I came up with the idea that if people pay for women to have boob jobs (and don't get anything in return), I wonder if people will donate for me to get a car. In all honesty, I didn't think it would work (I have little faith in the human race), but I have been proved wrong & am on my way to getting a gorgeous 1968 Moggie! In return for peoples donations, I will be going on a cake delivering mission across the UK, to thank everyone who has helped out! I'm so excited & looking forward to meeting all the lovely people that continue to give me their support!

This is my first car and so I have nooooooo idea, I thought that this would be the perfect place to be if I need any help! I'm sure I will have many questions, and hopefully I will be able to meet some of you at my local branch meeting when I become an official member!

Lovely to be here & enjoying reading all the information & looking at all the lovely pictures here!!

Ktxxx
IanC
Minor Fan

Re: Hello (newbie!)

Post by IanC »

Hi KT and welcome to the forum. Quite a good mix of useful info and general Silliness on here. Good luck with your Morris purchase and if your ever down Kent way put me down for a slice if chocolate cake!

Ian

AOW68K 1971 van undergoing restoration
chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

Welcome Ms Potatie!

Post up some pictures of your minor when it arrives, we all like pictures :D

Sounds to me like you're suitable for our new 'Young Members Register'. We have a section on this messageboard, and also a facebook group that this link may or may not work for:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/hom ... 87394&ap=1

if that doesnt work search 'MMOC Young Members' in groups.

Halesowen isn't a million miles from me, i'm up on the Lickey Hills. The Birmngham Branch of the MMOC meets in yardley on the 3rd monday of every month, and we're having a Branch Rally at Witley Court in Worcestershire on April 17th. Go to www.bmmoc.org.uk for more info on both!
KatiePotatie
Minor Fan

Post by KatiePotatie »

I have a cake drop off in Wye, so I will be in Kent!

Thank you for the young members info, I can get a year out of it before I won't be allowed any more :wink: Perhaps I could do what I managed in Brownies & stay in for a couple of years longer than I should...

I'd definately like to come along to a meeting, it'll be nice to meet some people that I don't just know because my boyfriend is from the area (I'm an immigrant from Yorkshire)! And always nice to see pretty cars!
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Hi Katie.

Welcome to the forum. Just to cover a little bit of admin - there's a new members FAQ at the top of this section, if you've not done so already, give it a read - its full of useful info.

So, tell us a bit more about yourself and some info about the car!! :D

santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

Welcom Katie. Good luck with your new car. If your in the area on 22nd May We will have a Young Owners stand at our Branch Rally in Cardiff, (less than 1 mile from J33 on the M4) If you have any cakes going then mines a Welsh cake (bake stones) to other people.
Santa.

les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Welcome, don't worry if you only get a year or so in the young members section, the only difference when leaving being, you throw the baseball cap away( or wear it the right way round )and fit a standard exhaust :D

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Love the idea. Hope the donation thing is working well. How do we donate? :) And the car looks lovely. bets of luck with it all.
___Anne___

beero
Minor Legend

Post by beero »

Welcome KatiePotatie, love the name! Piccys of your car would be good!

chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

if you follow the link in her sig you will see at least one pic. and you can donate there too by the looks of things.
KatiePotatie
Minor Fan

Post by KatiePotatie »

That's the one Chris, follow the link in my signature for pics of the car & more info plus a map of my journey so far!

Buuut;

**swoon**

She is a 1968 Morris 1000 and needs hardly any work at all, about the only thing that I would like to get doing right away is the interior, but that's purely cosmetic She's a bit gorgeous! Her previous owner really loved her, you can tell :) She's coming to a good home.
chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

looks good! i'm a bit biased though. late 60's smoke grey 4-doors rule!

shame yours is shinier than mine!
KatiePotatie
Minor Fan

Post by KatiePotatie »

Is it really lame that when I went up to see her I was annoyed that she has mucky marks on the top from dirty water? :lol: :lol:
pyebibby
Minor Fan

Post by pyebibby »

LOvely to meet you! Your right! you will find this place helpful! and dont worry about bringing cakes to me! i have found no one near me :( haha! happy browsing and moggeying!

18 year old Morris Driver
SGTBILKO
Minor Fan

Post by SGTBILKO »

Welcome Kate. I've just made a small donation. Don't worry about delivering any cakes though as I live in France! Hope you reach your goal![frame]Image[/frame]