Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sidney'61
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: 2011 classic car show NEC auto jumble

Post by Sidney'61 »

Well I had a fantastic weekend at the NEC this year and it seems most other people did, the MMOC stand was very well organised and I was offered coffee and biscuits several times! The club's very helpful and friendly attitude was very useful for my mother who had trouble walking so was able to occasionally sit to rest and chat with other MMOC members without feeling she was in the way.
This was the 6th NEC motor show i've been to and I've thoroughly enjoyed it every time, it costs a lot but there is also a lot to see and do so it's worth it, though I do think parking costs should be reduced for visitors who turn up in classic cars ;)
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

I loved the show this year and really liked the revolving convertible on the stand. I too had no idea that I could have had tea and biscuits though!
]
DaisyMayFozz
Minor Fan

Post by DaisyMayFozz »

My main town- Beverley has a car park that is about £5- the last time I was there, but In Hull, £8 is common!

C6Dave
Minor Fan

Post by C6Dave »

orb596 wrote: My favourite stand though had to be The Bexhill Motor Club with the 6 recently discovered Morris's on it. All of them completely unrestored and as found - superb. Really could have done with more than a 1 day visit to see everything the show has to offer. :D
Couldn't agree more, they made a great display. We went Friday and Saturday and as Friday is more expensive, it's a lot quieter so you can see more and people have time to chat.

The cars were left by 1 man (who collected them all) in a letter of expression that the cars go to someone who would care for them.

Shame is that when he died, someone turned the electric off on the property so all the cars that had been undercover with air blowers etc. were suddenly left to the elements and stood like that for 18 months so deteriorated quickly.

Very sad, but it's hoped that by next years show that some will be restored and displayed again (even partially) as they have been offered free space next year to display the progress!!

They also got a shed full of spares to go with the cars, which they have yet to catalogue, along with a lot of other items from under the trees.

As for the auto jumble, some items were cheaper than buying elsewhere or eBay but there wasn't a lot of Minor related stuff at all.

But a nice large 'drip tray' and 'battery conditioner' now adorned my garage, along with some very, very, expensive 'Swissvax' which pales an £8 parking charge into insignificance :oops:
Our other car is a 2009 Citroen C6 3.0 HDi a 'future classic' and far rarer than a Morris Minor!!

The 'moggie' has been replaced with another 'classic' a 1953 Citroen Traction Avant 11BL
mohawk9069
Minor Friendly

Post by mohawk9069 »

even with 7 inches of hair sticking out of my head i still lost everyone aha