Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Robbiet9999
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Hot rodding Henrietta.

Post by Robbiet9999 »

Thought it was about time i told fellow members about what im doing. But first let me introduce Henrietta. We won her from fleabay in january this year after having a look at her i was determined to win her. Unknowingly we had already seen her and actually had a photo of her at the battlesbridge classic car show the august before.[frame]Image[/frame]
Here she is on the way home via tescos lol. She was a little jem.

She became our only car in Feb last year after my wife was the victim of an insurance scam on the a13. Driving 60 miles to my wife's place of work and back twice a day inevitably took its toll and she blew her head gasket. So i thought its time to modernise her for every day driving. So she got an unleaded head an alternator and a bit of tlc. The in may or June i see a picture of an Australian minor and i was in love. The way it looked was way cool.[frame]Image[/frame]

So a plan was hatched.
Last edited by Robbiet9999 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Henrietta
Robbiet9999
Minor Fan

Re: Hot rodding Henrietta.

Post by Robbiet9999 »

But it had to have a little bit of me included. so i started to get parts and slowly paint her satin black. I absolutely hate the indicators that were on her against the black just look so wrong. When i removed the headlights the bowls were rotten. so new plastic bowls have been bought. So ebay has been used a lot to keep prices down.
Henrietta
Robbiet9999
Minor Fan

Post by Robbiet9999 »

So i stripped out the interior to make way for a new red carpet as the one that was in her was a house carpet with a deep pile and as the screen has got a leak around the lower corners so it was starting to smell. My son Joe used a wire brush to clean the floor of any loose paints that he could then paint it with a rust killer and then a new coat of paint. I do have some welding to do on the floor but its only two small holes no bigger then a ten pence piece. The wife is going to make a new headlining but with a twist i don't want a plain one i want a pattern on it. Maybe like this[frame]Image[/frame]
Henrietta
Roni
Minor Fan

Post by Roni »

Sorry, I have to point it out. The car has a New Zealand registration plate.

the_count
Minor Friendly

Post by the_count »

that pattern will look killer on the headliner!
55 Splitscreen - "Betty Bones"

Portfolio: http://www.gvgraphics.co.uk ------- Whitby Kustom Show:http://www.whitbykustom.com
Robbiet9999
Minor Fan

Post by Robbiet9999 »

I knew it was that corner of the world. The wife will probably paint the design on once the new one is in place. My new headlights have arrived along with some other stuff.
[frame]Image[/frame]

Angel eyes so the outer rim will light up as the sidelights.
[frame]Image[/frame]

side repeaters from a range rover l322 to use as indicators
[frame]Image[/frame]

New headlamp bowls and rear lenses glad i got 2 as they are differet colours and im only replacing one.
[frame]Image[/frame]

Windscreen sealant to seal the leaking screen. Ill try this first before i resort to changing the seal as ive never fitted a screen before and knowing my luck ill crack it. Headlight peaks and new screen wash jets to go with the electric pump and pull switch as i dont like the hand pump idea water never sprays at the right time and taks too long to refill.

Already have the new carpet and underlay sound proofing stuff. New door seals are already fitted as are new boot seals.
The front panel needed replacing as it had some slight damage on the passenger lower corner and the bumper sat about and inch too far forward. So i decided to paint it slightly differently.
[frame]Image[/frame]

Which when you look at it on the car it does look good.
[frame]Image[/frame]

With the new chrome suround finishing it off nicely. The holes for the original sidelights and indicators shall have plates welded in and smoothed over.
Henrietta
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Be sure to advise your insurance co - these mods make the car more 'noticeable' and so more likely to attract the wrong kind of attention. Make sure you have fitted an anti theft switch... Sorry to say - but the angel eyes are terrible headlights for doing what they are meant to do - lighting up the dark road! And - will theses side repeaters take 21 watt bulbs ?? :roll:
ImageImage
the_count
Minor Friendly

Post by the_count »

love the idea of the angel eyes, & think I said before the checkboard front panel looks wicked! 8)

Portfolio: http://www.gvgraphics.co.uk ------- Whitby Kustom Show:http://www.whitbykustom.com
Robbiet9999
Minor Fan

Post by Robbiet9999 »

Anti theft switch ????
Henrietta
moggydriver62
Minor Fan

Post by moggydriver62 »

I am very sorry but.YUCK. :(
Robbiet9999
Minor Fan

Post by Robbiet9999 »

Hey each to their own. I might not like your morris
Henrietta
ratrodmog
Minor Fan

Post by ratrodmog »

A nice individual look there 8) I'm liking what I see.
Bash's Speed Shop
oddbod
Minor Fan

Post by oddbod »

You are taking a lot of care over the look, I like it so far but Concours isn't the look you're going to get you know!! :wink:
dystopia
Minor Friendly

Post by dystopia »

very nice so far, i too came across this minor in aus when looking for more rat/hot rod looking minors to see what people had done. will keep watching your build :)
Robbiet9999
Minor Fan

Post by Robbiet9999 »

Thanks for the comments. Really giving me a confidence boost. Managed to get a set of wheels of fleabay. Two banded and two normal rims. Have repainted them bright red but do need to put new tires on as age not known. But have put them on and will drive slowly to the tire place around corner.
[frame]Image[/frame]
Henrietta
the_count
Minor Friendly

Post by the_count »

looks killer mate, really need some banded for the rear of mine! 8)

dystopia
Minor Friendly

Post by dystopia »

looking nice you need some white walls now :)
Robbiet9999
Minor Fan

Post by Robbiet9999 »

Am looking at whitewall flaps on ebay.
Henrietta
dystopia
Minor Friendly

Post by dystopia »

nice i was going to do the same as the tyres are super expensive :)
Last edited by dystopia on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robbiet9999
Minor Fan

Post by Robbiet9999 »

Hi. Just a quick update as to whats gone on over winter. Well not much as she is parked outside. Apart from haveing the windscreen rubber replaced by a local windscreen company after booking autoglass to come and do it then refusing when they realised it was a toughened glass window and not a laminated one. So tried this local firm 80.00 quid later instead of 90 that autoglass wanted it was done. Then we had a day of constant rain and it leaked worse than before. the lad came back out the weekend after and went all over the car trying to find the leak. Then realised he didnt put sealer under the rubber on the body side of the rubber. She is now leak free.
Henrietta