Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
julie4morris
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

traveller covers

Post by julie4morris »

anyone got any advice on what good all weather covers there are out there for a 1967 traveller? :D
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: traveller covers

Post by bmcecosse »

The Stormforce cover I bought was a complete waste of £100........
ImageImage
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Mark Wilson »

I've just bought a Dartmoor cover from PJ Covers of Teignmouth. Fits reasonably ok and seems better made than either of the two previous attempts (Machine Mart & Bull Motif) although to be fair both refunded without quibbling. While I was researching for mine I came across bmc's comments about the Stormforce. Can I very diplomatically query his recollection, as on one thread he is making the same comment about the Monsoon covers, which are a cheaper product (apparently no longer made) from the same suppliers as the expensive but well reviewed Stormforce? The Dartmoor was cheaper than either of these, around 70.

Mark
Matt Tomkins
Minor Addict
Location: Aston Clinton, Aylesbury, Bucks or Oxford during term time

Post by Matt Tomkins »

bmcecosse wrote:The Stormforce cover I bought was a complete waste of £100........
my dad's one was the same -- went totally pourus after about 6 months
i've been impressed my mine, bought it at silverstone a few years back, but no label in it!
saw the same people again earlier this year and bought a cover for dads car -- and i still cant remember the name!

the advert is a glamorous woman lifting the cover from a red sunbeam, i think

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46862234@N ... 671969048/
http://www.facebook.com/matttomkins

Misty, Morris Minor 2-door, 1970,
fully restored with the help of various of the young members to whom i am forever grateful. http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43571
Also Mavis, 1960 Factory Tourer, and a '69 Traveller project: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=53487

Join the young owners at: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/gr ... [sig]11392[/sig]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

It was a Stormforce cover -sorry if I mixed up the name in an earlier post. Seems I shouldn't have had the cover exposed to sunlight - only to be used when raining. The UV wrecked it no time at all.
ImageImage
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

Thanks for clarification. I was thinking of "upgrading" to Stormforce eventually - main purpose of present cover is to tidy up the drive and hopefully to slow the rusting down to a speed I can weld faster than :)

Mark
Deaconbrody
Minor Friendly

Post by Deaconbrody »

Is it good to have a cover over the car when it is kept in a garage? I know some companies sell covers specifically for this.
Audrey1955
Minor Friendly

Post by Audrey1955 »

Deaconbrody wrote:Is it good to have a cover over the car when it is kept in a garage? I know some companies sell covers specifically for this.
I wouldnt as it could lead to dampness around the car. It should be fine in the garage without the need for a cover.
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

Audrey1955 wrote:
Deaconbrody wrote:Is it good to have a cover over the car when it is kept in a garage? I know some companies sell covers specifically for this.
I wouldnt as it could lead to dampness around the car. It should be fine in the garage without the need for a cover.
some our breathable so i would say yes.... all depends on the garage and what the garage roof is like and will keep the dirt, dust, particles droping on your bodywork, mines garage and i use a cover and alls ok...
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

Also i no others have said there not that good (sorry roy) but i really like the stormforce covers from cover zone.... mines been on the car last 6 months in all the bad weather we had and has looked after the car perfectly :) always bone dry underneath, no rubbing damage and keeps the car clean....... :D